Theory then DAS

Hi guys.

New to the forum 😊

Been riding around on my Honda PCX for almost 3 years now! Anyway, theory test tomorrow. Assuming I'll pass, be booking the DAS course very soon after. Wish me luck 👍

Looking forward to chatting to you guys!

Thanks guys.

Cannot wait to get started with DAS.

Anyone got any recent experiences with it?

You'll be fine. Give yourself a bit of time to get used to the additional weight, you won't notice it once you're moving but the slower speed stuff may feel a bit cumbersome at first. But as long as you don't grab the front brake and keep slipping the clutch the bike won't fall.

Have you got any experience with manual transmission on a bike? You'll pick it up soon enough if not, but just let the clutch out nice and slow from a standing stop and you'll be grand 🙂

great, good luck. watch videos on Mod1 and get the principle in your head. its an easy test but easy to fail too if putting foot down too.

Mod2 is all about safety. People fail on daft things like not reading road direction signs properly and even going too slow in 50's etc.

best of luck

So guys, looking to book my DAS for early next month. £600 sound about right for 4-5 day course?

I'm really looking forward to it, but also a little nervous because I've never ridden gears before, but that's what the trainings for I suppose lol eugh wish me luck :D

Guest Swagman

Can’t you blag a mates bike to have ago on would be better if you could learn clutch control before the DAS course save some time if you can ride when you get there. :thumb:

So guys, looking to book my DAS for early next month. £600 sound about right for 4-5 day course?

I'm really looking forward to it, but also a little nervous because I've never ridden gears before, but that's what the trainings for I suppose lol eugh wish me luck :D

Sounds about right, maybe even on the cheap side.

Ask if this includes the MOD 1 and 2 exam feees and using one of their bikes for the tests.

Yep

Seems cheaper than where I made my enquiries so far. Can I ask where is the training school you'll be using? I'm not far from your area and there is a chance I'll be moving even nearer in a few weeks/months so might be handy to know when I get to pick one.

Good luck with your DAS!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting my das on Thursday. Haven't been on a bike since my CBT last year. I hired a bike for the day from my training school. It is located on an industrial estate that was deserted . I did some road riding but spent over 4 hours in a large empty carpark practicing mod 1 stuff. It was really worth doing my skill at the end was much much better than when I started and I felt a lot more confident about taking on my das. There is a guy on YouTube called TheFuture he has the best video by far of the mod1 and mod 2 courses give them a good few watches.

Thank you, I'm defiantly going to give them a watch. I havent been able to book my DAS as of yet because my training school hasn't got any openings yet.

I did a training day tuesday, conversion from twist & go to gears. First time I had ever ridden a geared bike. It was strange.

I did pick it up quite quick, and did quite well when we went out on the road. The instructor couldn't believe I hadn't touched gears or drove before as he said I picked it up so quick, yet, I feel so nervous about getting on a geared bike again. Like, I feel deep down within myself that I struggled to get the grips with the clutch and gear shifting and that I'm never gonna be able to get the hang of it and get good enough. I know it doesn't make any sense, could be me doubting myself and my anxiety, but I dont know. Before I book a DAS, I've been thinking to book another training day. Couldn't hurt, could it?

Probably such a stupid question, but did any of you at any point feel like you really struggled, that it was a lot to take in? I know I'm probably just being silly but this is such a big goal of mine, I really, REALLY want that bike licence, I'm just doubting whether I'll be able to accomplish it. :(