tw125/sr125 carb issue

lyncho1983

Hi all,

ive just purchased a tw125 and from what I understand its the same carb as whats on the sr125.

my issue is that if its been sat overnight when its started in a morning the slightest touch of the throttle and it stalls. it does this until its warmed up then its fine. the other issue is the revs are hanging quite bad.

my first thoughts are that I need to clean the carb but this is my first bike and this is something ive never done before, how hard is it to do?

im mechanically minded and ive worked on cars for years but when it comes to bikes im a complete novice.

thanks

darren

I need to use the choke first thing in a morning but only for a short time then it ticks over fine but when you give it the slightest rev it stalls.

once its warm it doesn't need the choke. if you rev it whilst its stationary the revs only hang for a couple of seconds but if you ride it and stop the revs hang for longer.

thanks

darren