Puncture preventative?

Any questions and problems about your motorbike? Ask other members for help and advice.
fastbob
Bike(s): gsxr1100 wp and er5
Has Liked: 526 times
Been Liked: 257 times

Re: Puncture preventative?

#16 Post by fastbob » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Kc9400 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm
fastbob wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:50 pm
If you have tubed tyres I wouldn't worry , you can put a patch on a tube just like on a bicycle. When you find a screw in your brand new £150 180/90/17 tubeless superbike tyre you might start thinking about putting slime in before pulling the screw out but it rarely works in my experience.
https://www.motorcycle-road-and-race.co ... lation-kit best bit of kit I've bought. Plugged the tyre about 2000 or so miles ago (after getting a puncture about 2 weeks from new) Absolutely no problems at all!
Yep , I sold a lot of these , never had any complaints. There's a similar product that uses plugs that have a peel off strip but it's been a while now and the name escapes me.Edit... Right ignore that last bit, I can't find any trace of it online so it can't have been any good. Come to think of it I reckon the one with the brown squidgy strips might be from the same manufacturer as replacement for the aforementioned plugs.