Oil change suzuki van van

Any questions and problems about your motorbike? Ask other members for help and advice.
Message
Author
NewBob
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:49 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): SINNIS TRACKSTAR 125cc (L)
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Oil change suzuki van van

#1 Post by NewBob » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Going to attempt my first self service (well mini service) on my suzuki van van, got the bits, air filter, oil & filter, O rings but a sump washer was included i wasnt expecting (havent seen that in the youtube vids) am i right in thinking its for the nut under the bike where oil comes out? Also i was told i should have jets done... problem is im a newb and i dont know what the flip that means :/

User avatar
Hoggs
Moderator
Posts: 6760
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 pm
Gender: Female
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Location: North London
Has Liked: 1995 times
Been Liked: 1449 times

Re: Oil change suzuki van van

#2 Post by Hoggs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 pm

NewBob wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm
but a sump washer was included i wasnt expecting (havent seen that in the youtube vids)
Yup as you said for sump bolt. As I recall they're split washers and should be replaced every time (but most people don't :angel12: )
ImageImage

Stopping you having fun since 2017

User avatar
megawatt
Posts: 4127
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:09 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Fazer 1000, GSX1100ET
Location: Gods country, North of Watford.
Has Liked: 231 times
Been Liked: 143 times

Re: Oil change suzuki van van

#3 Post by megawatt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Yep, washer goes on sump nut. I usually clean all the oil off the nut and sump thread, then smear a bit of silicone sealant on the threads, for a 100%seal.
Why did they tell you to look at the jets?
Do you have a workshop manual?
Bike work, I come to you and you can learn to do it yourself click the link below for more info
http://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 5&p=949652

fastbob
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): gsxr1100 wp and er5
Location: Coventry
Has Liked: 794 times
Been Liked: 394 times

Re: Oil change suzuki van van

#4 Post by fastbob » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Jets ? It's only got one carburetor so if it starts and runs ok don't worry about it.

User avatar
bonio
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:16 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): R1200GS, RV 125 VanVan
Location: Halesworth, Suffolk
Has Liked: 896 times
Been Liked: 314 times

Re: Oil change suzuki van van

#5 Post by bonio » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:44 pm

NewBob wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm
Also i was told i should have jets done... problem is im a newb and i dont know what the flip that means :/
The jets are the tubes that squirt petrol into the carburettor. That's 95% of what I know about the subject. Here's the other 5%: leave them well alone unless you've got fuelling problems and you've tried everything else to fix them.
Two Soups

Mississippi Bullfrog
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Chester
Has Liked: 64 times
Been Liked: 228 times

Re: Oil change suzuki van van

#6 Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Make sure you undo the right bolt on the sump. There are two close together and the other one retains the gear selector pin - a lot of people say they undid the sump bolt and a pin with a spring fell out. Then they get the pin back the wrong way round and have problems finding neutral.

I have a couple of spare VanVan oil and air filters and the fuel injection diagnostic switch lying on my bench getting in the way - free to a good home for anyone who covers the postage - about £3.80

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], MR_W and 6 guests