Battery cover screw size?

maxrpg

Hi again,

Just another quick question. Does anyone know the screw size for the battery floor cover? - tried loads from the pile I have and none seem to fit, too small or too big.

I don't know if they're all the same size but I'm specifically looking for screws for Sym Jet 4 125

We bought a Sym Jet 4 125 that the original owner had taken apart and he sold it because he no longer had the time to put it back together. We've managed to put it back together and it runs really well but we're missing some screws and don't know the size needed.

I can't answer your question I'm afraid, but I know some far Eastern manufacturers use threads that are totally weird. I had an exhaust bolt recently that not even the main dealer could identify the thread of.

You may find it easier to find the closest metric size and retap the thread.

If it is just a case of a hole needing a nut and bolt, then anything that will fit. If it's a captive nut, then just drill out and retap to take normal metric screw. Picture would help.

Maybe they are some kind of self tapping trim screws with a very course pitch . Try the bits and bobs section in Halfords. To be honest, I can't really see why you are struggling, surely you can see what screw is required by looking at the hole it goes into. It's going to be an M5 or M6 , I cant imagine the manufacturer using an M8 or above for something like a battery box. Alternatively, as previously suggested, just stick some nuts 🔩 on the back and job done . An excellent source of nuts , bolts and washers is Tool Station.