Lexmoto Hunter

Matt0503

Hi Guys, i need help in restricting my lexmoto hunter to 30mph, the previous owner told me that he changed the cdi and exhaust on it to make it faster, I on the other hand dont want to but need it restricted :cry:. The problem is that i bought a new standard cdi for the bike, but it still does over 30mph. I cant restrict it in the throttle as its a geared bike, will it help if i buy a new exhaust that is restricted? Any other ways in which i can restrict it? Thanks in advance

Yes this is because i only have cbt and im only 16, i do trust myself, i trust myself so much im confident i could ride a much bigger bike responsibly and carefully, however i dont want to get involved with police and legal issues. I have called a few lexmoto dealers and all of them told me not to worry about it, they said its just how the hunter is, its hard to restrict it and its fully legal, especially that it does around 30mph on a flat. Anyone can shed any light on this? Are they correct?

I'm guessing you're going off the Speedo for speed which will almost certainly be inaccurate.

Regards.to police if you're riding in a sensible manner you are unlikely to get stopped. If you were ever stopped the chances are the cop won't have a clue about the restrictions or or to tell if it has been derestricted. Most don't have a clue about CBT's to be honest. Unless they're bikers themselves in which case you'll be right. The only worry might be if you get stopped by a traffic cop. They might dig a little deeper but in all honesty they've all got too much on their plates to be bothering about finding out if your bike is derestricted unless you were involved in a fatal. Which hopefully you won't be.

It's great you're looking at the legal implications but try not to over think it. As long as you're riding safe and within the law I'm sure you'll be fine.

Dave

Great comments.

Especially this-

I would add this, you are told it is legal so stop worry but good advice to get that in writing.

I would add this-

One of the most important skills to learn and one which seems to elude so many is self control.

To depend on restrictors to stay within the law or stay safe is unwise. When eventually riding an unrestricted bike the skills wont be there and you will have to learn them anyway.

Stay within the law and get used to how it feels. Speed is enticing but blunts the senses. If you get used to riding fast riding sensibly seems too boring and over time we ride faster and faster and eventually loss of license or loss of life hits us.

To illustrate this James May on Top Gear drove a vehicle at 250 and said when he slowed down, he thought he was almost stopped but glancing at the speedometer he was shocked to see it indicating 60 mph.