Had running problems few months ago still not right

BIKERDAD

Hi all . Ok you might remember few months ago I had problems with my Honda cb750 P reg 1996 . It just after its Ben parked up over the winter I did a service on it which I changed the plugs .to do that I lifted up the gas tank and when I put it back.down I linked up the air breather so the bike was cutting out after a few mins.

So I sorted out the kinks and NOW when I was out just now every now then the bike was sluggish as if it was say running on 3 pistons not 4 ( I'm just saying the pistons as its got numbers in it to show 1 not running 3 is )

So I was told few years ago if you start the bike turn off the gas at the petcock then it suck the carb down as its starved of gas .. So I did that and it run out petrol turn on gas started off it went firing on all 4 .. Then about hour later it did it again I was doing about 60mph then opened the throtel and it just went sluggish again so did the petcock thing again . Cuts out turn on gas off like a shot. This time on way home .

So from the sound of this I need my carbs cleaned ??????? If so how much do you think it cost .. As I need a new front tyre and the Mrs said one or the other ??

Check that the tank breather isn't blocked..... When it starts to get sluggish, try opening the filler cap - if you hear a hiss or a sighing noise, the breather is most likely blocked. It should run OK after that, until the tank develops a vacuum again, when the cycle starts all over again....

Ok I'll try that tomorrow . .Ill take the 2 pipes that are on the right side used the tank off and make sure they not blocked then I'll go out for a ride . I'm almost on an empty tank about 50miles.left then I'll take the petcock off make sure that's not blocked

The parts guy at Honda parts thinks that as I have a fuel filiter under tank (My bike should not have one ) he says the last owner might have taken the one off the petcock as its £40 to replace its a gauz white tube like thing to a fuel filter outside under the tank which cost £5

Hi all . Ok you might remember few months ago I had problems with my Honda cb750 P reg 1996 . It just after its Ben parked up over the winter I did a service on it which I changed the plugs .to do that I lifted up the gas tank and when I put it back.down I linked up the air breather so the bike was cutting out after a few mins.

So I sorted out the kinks and NOW when I was out just now every now then the bike was sluggish as if it was say running on 3 pistons not 4 ( I'm just saying the pistons as its got numbers in it to show 1 not running 3 is )

So I was told few years ago if you start the bike turn off the gas at the petcock then it suck the carb down as its starved of gas .. So I did that and it run out petrol turn on gas started off it went firing on all 4 .. Then about hour later it did it again I was doing about 60mph then opened the throtel and it just went sluggish again so did the petcock thing again . Cuts out turn on gas off like a shot. This time on way home .

So from the sound of this I need my carbs cleaned ??????? If so how much do you think it cost .. As I need a new front tyre and the Mrs said one or the other ??

This is easy , possibly dangerous but brave ....... Ignore the Mrs :thumb:

I know . :X: there's nothing worse than your Mrs chewing your ear off because you want to spend cash on your lover sorry bike lol . I know wait till mothers day give her chocs flowers breaky in bed then the bill from the garage :hammer: