Bearing Identification

Mickly

It's good info but you don't need to actually crack the code.If you can read it you just give to any bearing supplier and they will give you the correct bearing, it's true that it will be a fraction of the cost the dealer/garage will charge as well.

You don't need to crack the code , just take the old one to the man in the brown coat at the parts counter and ask for another one of these .

Cheap shit still prevails in bearings and its certainly not something you want to skimp on, given the choice always replace with a good known brand, not saying dealer but not crap either

Identifying the bearing isn't the problem . Spotting the counterfeits is . 🇨🇳

Cheap shit still prevails in bearings and its certainly not something you want to skimp on, given the choice always replace with a good known brand, not saying dealer but not crap either

But what if you don't know any brands! They are all unknown brands :shock:

Maybe we should compile a list

The ones I've used are SKF, FAG, Koyo, NTN. All you need know to get the correct replacement bearing is the code that's printed on the side. Go into a proper bearing shop with the code and they will give you the correct bearing but if you're interested in knowing more, all the main manufacturers produce bearing catalogues to help engineers select the right bearings for their application. There's great information in them.

https://www.skf.com/binary/77-121486/SKF-rolling-bearings-catalogue.pdf

http://www.nsk.com/common/data/ctrgPdf/e1103a.pdf

Going to a good supplier. Is usually enough to set you on the right path, don't be surprised if even good bearings come with made in China on then, timken and nsk both manufacture in China but quality control is good.

If anyone is a bit sceptical about cheap vs quality bearings watch this

What conclusion are we to draw from this ? That the second one is a sloppy fit and built to larger tolerances ? It's a bit of a confusing test because I don't know which one is which .

If anyone is a bit sceptical about cheap vs quality bearings watch this

What conclusion are we to draw from this ? That the second one is a sloppy fit and built to larger tolerances ? It's a bit of a confusing test because I don't know which one is which .

I will do the leg work for you

00:00 Compare China vs Germany bearing product

00:35 China Bearing Great A. Rotation stop in a few second

00:52 Germany Bearing Great A, of course real great A. 30 seconds before stop

This China Engineering, tell what the diferrent products from China self vs Germany quality.

His China company using many bearing, but still belive from Germany bearing is the best.

He said about Quality Product.

The same specification of bearing, the same industrial standard.

Of course on paper.

But different work. He tell the real story, why still trust Germany product.

And compare what the different quality of bearing.

Ini cerita asli dari China dari sosial video di China sendiri, memberi gambaran perbandingan kualitas bearing buatan China vs Jerman.

Produk yang berkualitas, dan lebih halus bekerja.

Keduanya menyebut sebagai bearing untuk standar persenjataan, tidak macet ketika berputar. Tapi itu diatas kertas.

Produk China tentu lebih murah dari produk Jerman. Apakah kualitas keduanya sama

Dari video ini sangat mudah di jelaskan

Putaran pertama adalah bearing buatan China.

Putaran kedua di video adalah bearing lebih mahal buatan Jerman. Dari sini kita bisa tahu produk apa yang berkualitas

That video doesn't really prove anything. All he's done is wash out the oil in the one that keeps spinning or he added oil to the one that slows. All roller bearings will spin like that if you remove the lube and put no load on them. He could even be comparing two identical bearings from the same packet just one has lube and the other doesn't. You could prove it to yourself if you've got one of those fidget spinners. Spin it dry and it goes forever. Add some oil or grease and it slows down a lot quicker because the lube is causing more drag. A free spinning no load test like that is not really valid because bearings are designed to have a load on them so you have to test them under load. Best to stick to the quality name brands and buy from a proper source.

That video doesn't really prove anything. All he's done is wash out the oil in the one that keeps spinning or he added oil to the one that slows. All roller bearings will spin like that if you remove the lube and put no load on them. He could even be comparing two identical bearings from the same packet just one has lube and the other doesn't. You could prove it to yourself if you've got one of those fidget spinners. Spin it dry and it goes forever. Add some oil or grease and it slows down a lot quicker because the lube is causing more drag. A free spinning no load test like that is not really valid because bearings are designed to have a load on them so you have to test them under load. Best to stick to the quality name brands and buy from a proper source.

I beg to differ

I actually tested this with some bearings I got for my wheel balancer

It came with some cheap ones and I ordered quality ones and the difference was night and day and this was with dry bearings

I beg to differ

It came with some cheap ones and I ordered quality ones and the difference was night and day and this was with dry bearings

So you're saying the quality bearings that you put in were better than the cheap ones that came with it? So we're agreeing then aren't we? Buy good quality brand name bearings not cheap Chinese ones.

I thought the point of that video was to prove that the cheap Chinese bearing was better than the more expensive German one? And he was proving that by showing that the German one spun longer so it was worse quality than the Chinese one or did I not understand it right? I'm saying if you wash the grease out of a bearing it'll spin longer like in the video so the video doesn't prove anything

I beg to differ

So you're saying the quality bearings that you put in were better than the cheap ones that came with it? So we're agreeing then aren't we? Buy good quality brand name bearings not cheap Chinese ones.

I thought the point of that video was to prove that the cheap Chinese bearing was better than the more expensive German one? And he was proving that by showing that the German one spun longer so it was worse quality than the Chinese one or did I not understand it right? I'm saying if you wash the grease out of a bearing it'll spin longer like in the video so the video doesn't prove anything

Yeah we are agreeing that buying quality is better

I was disagreeing about you saying it doesn't prove anything it terms of the oil etc as when I tested I had washed all the oil out of both so they where the same and the cheaper ones spun a bit and came to a stop and wasn't very smooth at all yet the decent ones spun really smooth with less drag which is what you want.

Did you read the bad translation from the video?

00:00 Compare China vs Germany bearing product

00:35 China Bearing Great A. Rotation stop in a few second

00:52 Germany Bearing Great A, of course real great A. 30 seconds before stop

This China Engineering, tell what the diferrent products from China self vs Germany quality.

His China company using many bearing, but still belive from Germany bearing is the best.

This we both got some cross wires :lol: