Custom link pipe?

Dynamo_Delboy

Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone would know a rough price on getting a link pipe made up?

I cant seem to find one anyway for a 4-1 system for my bike due to the age of it.

Absolutley hate the end can thats on it but its attached to the link pipe and cant be removes so want to get a new can and pipe made up for it.

Just wondering if anyone has had it done and roughly how much?

My bike is a 1989 zx10

Thanks

Will one off another bike fit ? as long as the dimensions are the same it should be ok, or just cut the can off at the join and attach new can with exhaust clamps, worth a go if your changing it anyway

I made a custom system for my turbo project...

You can get a generic 4-1 collector for ~£50 and a bunch of bends ~£10 each and weld it if you have the gear. You can get clamp parts but they're more unwieldy..

I would charge £150ish to fabricate a bespoke link so expect that sort of area.

The easiest thing would be to cut the pipe and clamp the new silencer straight to it like Goody says. Pipe reducers are available if the new is different from the old.

If i cut it at the back of the end can the new can will foul the rear foot pegs as the can is on a bend. Im looking at buying a stubby so dont know if it could be cut lower down the pipe?

http://i68.tinypic.com/riaxjd.jpg

You might be able to fit a stubby/GP style one on there without fouling.

Why don't you like it? Too long?

Not loud enough for me mate and just dont like it at all.

Its also scraped along it from catching it on a pole when pushing it into the place i lock it up.