De-restriction can you do a half-ass job??

Guest robbrown

ive got my 50cc bike a Generic Trigger SM50 and i don't want to fully de restrict it, as it drinks enough fuel as it is. if i were to remove the restriction in the exhaust only without boring out the jets would it damage the engine??

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
ive got my 50cc bike a Generic Trigger SM50 and i don't want to fully de restrict it, as it drinks enough fuel as it is. if i were to remove the restriction in the exhaust only without boring out the jets would it damage the engine??

thanks

if its restricted in the exhaust then an aftermarket would be the way to go, however, be careful as it may invalidate your insurance and result in a lengthy ban and or points..

• 10 years later...

For anyone who has a generic trigger sm 50 AM6 engine, and is looking for de restriction on the bike, please note I’m not responsible for any damage caused after this process, first things first make sure you tell your insurance company. Right, in the front on the exhaust you’ll see 3 bolts holding the chamber together, undo them one bolt may be a security bolt so a hammer and chisel will do , they maybe a little pipe welding in on the bracket, cut that out and bolt back together, there’s another pipe coming from the exhaust going to the air box, cut that off and weld it shut you won’t miss it has a big hose going from the exhaust to a little exhaust gas egr underneath the seat and from that there is another pipe going to the back of your air box if it’s original air box, there’s another restrictive in the inlet manifold two rubber bits on the manifold itself , cut them down so it’s flush, check the carb for a brass washer with little holes (airbox side) there’s a little plastic bung in the airbox intake pipe take that out, there is a cone inside the exhaust at the end of the expansion chamber you will have to have good fabrication skills or someone who is willing to cut open your exhaust, there’s a long pipe inside with a cone with holes, take them out and there’s restrictions in the end can it’s self you have to drill the rivets out pull grey price off , drill a hole or two 8mm+ as there is a piece in there that make gases pump around back box before it actually comes out look on the owners manual and you will see, here is the link for the manual: https://www.50factory.com/pdf/telecharger/Generic%20Trigger%20-%20Manuel%20d'atelier%20-%20Anglais.pdf

For anyone who has a generic trigger sm 50 AM6 engine, and is looking for de restriction on the bike, please note I’m not responsible for any damage caused after this process, first things first make sure you tell your insurance company. Right, in the front on the exhaust you’ll see 3 bolts holding the chamber together, undo them one bolt may be a security bolt so a hammer and chisel will do , they maybe a little pipe welding in on the bracket, cut that out and bolt back together, there’s another pipe coming from the exhaust going to the air box, cut that off and weld it shut you won’t miss it has a big hose going from the exhaust to a little exhaust gas egr underneath the seat and from that there is another pipe going to the back of your air box if it’s original air box, there’s another restrictive in the inlet manifold two rubber bits on the manifold itself , cut them down so it’s flush, check the carb for a brass washer with little holes (airbox side) there’s a little plastic bung in the airbox intake pipe take that out, there is a cone inside the exhaust at the end of the expansion chamber you will have to have good fabrication skills or someone who is willing to cut open your exhaust, there’s a long pipe inside with a cone with holes, take them out and there’s restrictions in the end can it’s self you have to drill the rivets out pull grey price off , drill a hole or two 8mm+ as there is a piece in there that make gases pump around back box before it actually comes out look on the owners manual and you will see, here is the link for the manual: https://www.50factory.com/pdf/telecharger/Generic%20Trigger%20-%20Manuel%20d'atelier%20-%20Anglais.pdf

Save time and effort with the exhaust mod(s) and buy an aftermarket exhaust that has not got any 'restrictions'. Once you have done this - You may find selling it on is difficult. I would recommend not bothering and do a trade in for a second-hand 125 when you need to.

:cheers:

Yeah but I want to know what happened. It looks like Robbrown left the forum though. I guess he must be 26 years old by now.

He probably lost the will to live halfway through the derestricting instructions and bought a car . Good answer from Trigger though . There must be a glitch in the forum because it says that he joined this Wednesday .