JB weld

skatefreak

Hey there,

To cut a long story short, whilst putting the engine back in my bike, a pretty fiddly job, due to a slight lack of for sight i ended up having to shift my grip to avoid finger squidging, as a result the engine took a little tumble :|

It landed on its side and after having a look it just looked scratched...

Later on after running it for a while i noticed a little oil on the side of the case and it appears there is a little crack there which had a little oil coming out :| Its only about a 1-1.5cm at most on the corner at the topof the K in Kymco in the photo.

I'm pretty sure that as there is very little stress on this part of the engine as its only where the alternater wheel spins around the coild so JB weld or something simular i would have thought would be good.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated :)

Best regards

-Jvr

Photo0778.jpg.1e875d1dbc778da9ba92fe9b80d68c00.jpg

side_off.jpg.aafa182814337c1ce8d3441b2499bbc0.jpg

hey,

Cheers for the heads up on that there, i just wasnt to sure if it was a good idea or not...

To me it dosnt seem to unresonable but not being terribly experienced in these things i figured i could have missed something.

I will take a trip down to the honda dealer as i'm still having issues with this engine and if we can make any sense of the problems then i'll go ahead and try patch it up :)

Sadly, i'm beginning to think i'll jst have to grab a replacment engine off flea bay but will see lol.

Best regards

-Jvr