Cagiva planet 125 HELP MEE

Guest Dannyg154

hi folks, i have just had a nightmare while on the way to the docs on my planet 125. I haven't run it for a few days and started it up as usual let it warm up for a few minutes then off i went, while rolling down the hill it died a death regardless of how much i pulled the throttle and come to a stop :(. i turned the ignition off waited a few seconds and tried starting it again and the exhaust spat (the bike would turn over but wouldnt start). i then proceeded to push it up a hill and attempt to bump start it, it started fine everytime but again died seconds after starting, its as if no petrol is getting in. There is plenty of petrol/ 2 stroke synthetic/ and gearbox oil in it so im stumped, i want to clean out the carb but the most mechanical iv been with my bike is changing the bearings as i have only had it a month and i cant find no help guides showing me how to do it, any help is appreciated all, thanks

Dan

first thing to look at is the fuel cap and make sure the breather isnt blocked if you can get the bike to start run it untill it cuts out then open fuel cap if you hear a big hiss then the breather is blocked,when was the last time it had a new spark plug or air filter clean?

ok ill give that a go, well iv had the bike for a month and im not sure how much maintenance the chap before did on it, all i have done is made sure i kept the oil topped up, im not very knowledgeable with bikes ill admit, the first week i had the bike i was on the way to the petrol station and the bike doesnt have a petrol reserve on it and i also discovered that the petrol light wasnt working at the time so the bike ran out of petrol, which obviously didnt do it no good as once i filled it back up i had to throttle the snot out of it to get it running good and it has been fine since, but obviously my lack of maintenance on the bike has caused me this problem :(

iv just spent the last hour stripping the bike down and give the air box a clean tried to get the carb out but theres no room to maneuver i would of had to take the tank of which would of been a pain, but after putting it all back together jumped the bike once and started no problem so im gonna take the thing for a service tomorrow, i tried the fuel cap test you mentioned and there was no hissing and i will fetch a new spark plug tomorrow thanks a lot for your help mate and i will keep you posted on any news

• 8 years later...