YBR125 150cc kit

EthanKing

Hello everyone, so long story short my YBR's top end is just a bit lacking. It will happily sit at 50mph and will push to 60mph. I would prefer if it could happily sit at 60mph and push to 70mph. The only real mod I could find for this bike without spending serious money was an eBay 150cc kit for around 80euro. I think it will probably be a bad idea to buy it but kind of hoping I'm wrong, so if anyone more knowledgeable than me could shed some light that would be great :)

I also don't want to change the front sprocket for more top end at the cost of acceleration.

I would but I really love the bike and I've only owned it for two weeks. I'm going to keep it for a few months at least and then get something bigger.

Anyone know the pro's and con's of the 150cc kit? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281627543984&alt=web" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pros: you get a bit more power.

Cons: you might have to mess about with carb jetting a bit.

Worth a punt if you're going to keep it for a while. If you're only going to have it a few months - not so sure. You'd probably get better money selling an unmolested bike.

Yeah see I thought about the carb but have no idea what I would have to adjust on it. Don't want to go through the hassle of fitting the 150cc kit for it to run like a bag of poo.

could also have problems insuring it if it has 150cm3 or 149cm3 on the barrel you would need to disclose it to insurance company for sure and suffer increased premium due to it being a modified bike ...............but even if it doesnt say it on the barrel you should still inform them to be legal but tha would be your own choice then

could also have problems insuring it if it has 150cm3 or 149cm3 on the barrel you would need to disclose it to insurance company for sure and suffer increased premium due to it being a modified bike ...............but even if it doesnt say it on the barrel you should still inform them to be legal but tha would be your own choice then

Yeah I will be staying legal. Thanks for the heads up. If it was just a bolt on mod I would go for it but I wouldn't know how to adjust my carb to suit it.

it isnt a simple unbolt and bolt new one on anyway it involves removing the camshaft out of the cylinder head and such like before y ou can remove the the head so you need to be able to reset the timing and valve gaps as chances are they will need doing once rebuilt

Leave well alone. Sounds like you don't have the required skill set to do it properly and also you won't be able to sell it in a couple of months as nobody will want it.

Leave well alone. Sounds like you don't have the required skill set to do it properly and also you won't be able to sell it in a couple of months as nobody will want it.

I could fit the kit but have never messed with carbs before so I will probably leave it. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Oh really? The way people go on about carbs I thought they were impossible to work on without special tools. I've done plenty of engine work on cars before so I'm sure a bike should be no problem.

• 5 months later...

Dependant on year, the YBR will probably be fuel injection. Mine is on a 2012 model.

The big bore kit also has 123cm3 on the barrel :)

I'm in my 40s and use mine as a daily bike (weather permitting) and have a Suzuki intruder 800 cruiser for special occasions and a car for bad weather.

Passed my bike test 17 years ago and the little YBR with the 150 kit on is a great little commute, always brings a smile filtering past all the stationary vehicles on weekdays.

• 1 year later...

After fitting the 150 kit did you have to do anything else to get the bike to run properly as I have a 125 ybr injection model and was thinking of doing the same as I also have my full a licence but use the bike as a daily also was there much gains

• 4 weeks later...

Hi reading this whilst contemplating the conversion myself .....was wondering how it works with the efi models ? Do I need to do anything special as was assuming just a swap out job plug and play kinda thing