Zontes Monster 125 Owners Manual

wellfan

Hi folks, Bought myself a Zontes Monster in February of this year. It was basically brand new, the original owner had won it in a raffle and it sat in his garage for a couple of months as he was a non biker. Anyway, I bought it for a very fair price and have been pottering about in it over the past few months.

I actually posted about my experiences of it so far in another post started by 'secretagentmole' in a review of his 4 year old Monster.

My reason for posting is that I have just realised it came without the owners manual. I would like to access one to get information regarding servicing. Information such as spark plug gap, valve clearances, etc.

Could anyone with this bike point me in the direction of how to access this information, or get a manual.

I do believe the bike and its engine are basically an exact copy of a YBR 125, so have been basing my servicing assumptions on the information for that particular bike.

Any help much appreciated.

If Zontes are anything like the other Chinese marques, chances are that the owners manual will be mostly unhelpful and full of mistranslations! Your best bet would be a Haynes; the YBR one if you're confident that it's an exact match, or failing that Haynes do a generic one that covers all Chinese bikes (it's a bit of a read).

Thanks. I do have a YBR manual, and a Zontes Tiger user manual which is very similar. Just had hoped to catch a glimpse of an actual Monster manual. I suppose I could contact the Zontes UK importer and see if they can help me.

Contacted the UK importer. Prompt response advising me that they have no spare user manuals at the moment, but will keep my details on file should they have any in the future.

• 2 years later...