Dead Bike!

Sgawhit2

Hi guys,

so i recently bought a Bullit Hunt s 125, brand new from a motorcycle and scooter center, it was delivered on 05/01/2017 and was working fine. fast forward to sunday this week, so 15/01/2017, i haven't been able to ride the bike yet and only just got it insured the night before. i go to get on the bike, turn the ignition key and nothing happens. no lights, starter button won't work, nothing. so i put the battery on charge and leave it. the next day i reconnected the battery and it still didn't work. I ended up push starting it with my brother in law and that seemed to do the trick and then it worked fine for the rest of the day. 2 days later, i get back on it, get half a mile down the road and i stall the bike coming to a stop ( i know, rookie error). the problem is, the bike won't start again. everything is completely dead (again no lights, no indicator, no horn, no neutral light, no ignition). so i try push starting it again, but this time it just didn't want to go. so i tried to jump start it from the car, that did nothing. i bought a new battery and that didn't help either. i can only assume it's a wiring problem as the fuses are all intact as well. Anyone experienced this before? anyone got any ideas as what i can do next? (besides calling up the dealer, i plan on doing this later today). Thanks very much.

As above. It's a new bike, use your warranty and let the dealer sort it.

Where about's are you? My local Honda/Yamaha dealer just started selling these bikes too. They look pretty cool.

As above. It's a new bike, use your warranty and let the dealer sort it.

Where about's are you? My local Honda/Yamaha dealer just started selling these bikes too. They look pretty cool.

Liverpool, got the bike from blackburn, it's a nice bike to ride when it actually works

Thanks for the replies, going to call up afterwards, i'll post the outcome up on this.

I hope they sort it! I assume Bullit is a Chinese manufacturer? I can't find anything about them except their own website.

I think the company is dutch, i think a lot of the components on my bike are outsourced from japan

Chinese bikes are terrible bar the more upgraded real bikes not toys like sinnis is ok but still more a toy than a bike. I had sanya sy-11 worst bike ever used.

There are a few causes for something like that, helped a guy out lately had same problem. Took it apart and the alternator was the cause so needed replacement. There are a fair few reasons in all though, but best thing is to take it back like everyone else has said before.

Called the place up, the guy said i should have another go at bump starting it and if it doesn't work then to call up again and book in with them to come down and have a look. So gave bump starting a go, an hour in, bike still not running and my dad looks like he's about to keel over. Safe to say we've done all we can here with our basic knowledge of bikes.

I agree with all of the above. I've seen this scenario many times . Look at it like this if you bought a pen that didn't write you would take it straight back to the shop and get another one.A bike is no different if it doesn't work get another one. If you try to fix it you might make it worse then the dealer might try to claim that you have contributed to the problem . Good luck.

As everyone has said get it back to the dealer for them to sort.

Being a Chinese bike they may try charging you for labour as with many Chinese bikes, only parts are under warranty.

Don't accept this, the bike is new, you have hardly used it!

If they try to charge you anything seek advice - it is clearly not fit for purpose.

Talk to them politely, explain you bought a new bike for reliability - thats not what you got!

Good luck

I wouldn't even try to fix it when its that new. Anything you do potentially gives the dealer an excuse to wriggle out of the warranty.

Often though wires are routed poorly on chinese bikes and can get caught under other components and can be damaged or pulled loose.

Called the place up, the guy said i should have another go at bump starting it and if it doesn't work then to call up again and book in with them to come down and have a look. So gave bump starting a go, an hour in, bike still not running and my dad looks like he's about to keel over. Safe to say we've done all we can here with our basic knowledge of bikes.

That's ridiculous! You shouldn't have to be bump starting a new bike, you've already proven it's not a flat battery issue! Make sure they sort it for you pal you shouldn't be having to be trying anything like this to get a brand new bike working!

As said, 100% dealers problem.

Tell them to come and collect your ornament and sort it out as the bike isn't fit for purpose.

Put the old battery back on and return the new one you bought, I assume you kept the reciept? Or tell the dealer you want reimbursing for that too.

Good luck.

Good News!

So after calling up the dealer, they wanted £68 to pick the bike up and then labour costs to fix the problem. I asked if they were just going to charge the battery and see what happened and they were like "yeah pretty much". So instead of spending £68 + labour i spent £30 on an oxford oximiser 600, which showed that the battery was low. Got it charged up and chucked it in the bike but still nothing. So i decided to replace the fuses on the off chance that the fuse had blown but still looked fine. So after this i put the key in turned on the ignition and i had an almost frankstien-esque moment! "IT'S ALIVE"

Took her out for a good old ride about 20 minutes later and put an extra 90km on the clock. Today was a good day!

Big thanks to everyone who replied and offered advice. Happy riding!

the dealer sounds a bit of a dick if I'm being honest. Shouldn't be asking you for a penny in parts or labour to fix a faulty new bike you bought from him, should have warranty [emoji106]

This