Crosshead Screws on Jap Bikes

Tango

The screwdrivers in tool kits are disposable!

you use them once then throw them away :lol:

But it is a really good question! I have never checked and I would assume they would be :?

Unless it's a classic restoration I always replace every single screw and bolt with an Allen bolt .

Torx heads are so much cooler than allen bolts. harder to round off too

• 2 weeks later...
Unless it's a classic restoration I always replace every single screw and bolt with an Allen bolt .

Would it be possible to replace every screw and bolt on a bike with Torx head bolt?

Would it be possible to replace every screw and bolt on a bike with Torx head bolt?

probably... my BMW bike uses torx head fasteners almost exclusively

Regardless of the type of tool you need for the fastener if you buy cheap fasteners expect cheap material that will chew up regardless

Where did that come from? :scratch:

Regardless of the type of tool you need for the fastener if you buy cheap fasteners expect cheap material that will chew up regardless

Where did that come from? :scratch:

People changing fasteners from screw to torx/hex type are prone to buying the generic cheap kits off ebay which will chew the head up just as much as a screw head would

People changing fasteners from screw to torx/hex type are prone to buying the generic cheap kits off ebay which will chew the head up just as much as a screw head would

Fair enough. Only if they used the incorrect driver for them which some probably do.