Rieju MRT 50 2015 wheel bearing not fitting

PV7

Hello

I am currently attempting to change my wheel bearing on my Rieju, however, the wheel bearing does not fit. The wheel bearing is the exact same size as the other one on the other side, but does not fit. What am I doing wrong?

If its the same they have to be pressed in or driven in with a hammer and a bearing tool they dont just slide in .

Do not hammer the central part of bearing only the outer edge .

If the old bearing outer case is empty use that as a drift

Or a Large socket that sits on the outer edge of the bearing .

Edited by TimR

Its the wrong bearing then . Check the sizes /numbers on the side of bearings some manufacturers use different bearings on either side ie sprocket carriers are larger than wheel bearings

Edited by TimR

When the bearing broke, i didnt have to take it out, it fell out on the way home (300meters) the bearing was a thousand pieces. Maybe something is still stuck inside? (does not look like it).

Thank you for helping me btw.

That ring with the arrows, that goes through the whole wheel, am i supposed to remove it still? It is not several pieces only one piece about 10cm long.

hjullagherwsdpfjsdf.thumb.jpg.4e266f3edfee95998e117476fc623bc4.jpg

You will need to get it from the other side with a hammer and a punch .But you may need to knock the opposite bearing out first from this side ...but look for any casting lines inside the wheel before going mad with the hammer ...

Once you have knocked that ring out you can use it to drift the new bearings in as it will sit on the outer edge of the new bearings

That ring with the arrows, that goes through the whole wheel, am i supposed to remove it still? It is not several pieces only one piece about 10cm long.

hjullagherwsdpfjsdf.jpg

The ring is only as deep as your new bearing .

There may be recesses behind it to drift from the rear of it or enough lip to drift it from various points of its lip ( hit it in 4 different places like 12 oclock 3 oclock 6 and 9 and do that until it comes out .

Replace any bearing thats been removed for new its easier and more cost effective to replace in pairs

Watch something like

">
or similar if unsure

https://www.riejuparts.co.uk/collections/mrt-50-black-2014/products/mrt-50-2014-wheels-and-brakes

If you look in the parts diagram you will see there are spacer tubes in your wheels between the bearings .. DO NOT FORGET TO PUT THESE BACK IN ( this is possibly what your seeing )unless you have a tube like object in the pile of bits ...

Yes, i have another spacer/tube thing, so thats not it, still struggling to get that piece out.

big screwdriver, metal Hammer, few solid knocks whist rotating round should get it out. at least that's how I got mine out :mrgreen:

Don't set your wheel on fire! I just meant warm it up by leaning it on the radiator or leaving it in the sun. I thought you were trying to install a new bearing not get one out. Putting the new bearing in the freezer is to shrink it by a miniscule amount . It's the opposite of how metal tyres are put onto the wheels of old railway locomotives.

The setting it on fire was just an experiment, i saw people on youtube using blowtorches and stuff lol.

A few gallons of petrol; check insurance covers 'Fire'; light blue touch-paper and stand well clear........ Remove wheel bearing from where it has imbedded itself in the garage roof after the explosion!!!

:mrgreen: