My engine nearly cut off on me

LondonRider

I was riding home in London and was going through the usual set of traffic lights, so it was constant stop start stop start... after 20 minutes of riding I tried to accelerate from a traffic light and the engine became really weak and instead of accelerating fast like it usually does, it done a stumbled acceleration. Then all of a sudden the engine became really weak and every time I tried to accelerate from traffic lights, I would pull the throttle all the way but it would hardly accelerate.. it would stumble and the bike would only go at low speed. Eventually it pretty much came to a stop so I turned the engine off and turned it back on, and it fixed the problem. I'm scared something is going on and it'll eventually cut out on me during the commute.

What was up with it? The best way of describing it was it felt like the petrol was running out... the bike became weaker and weaker. I have no choice but to take it to a garage I'm guessing?

I checked the petrol and it hadn't btw, still had half a tank of petrol in it. Also it's a honda cbf 125 2014.

It does sound like a fuel problem,

Where you running low on fuel?

Most fuel taps are vacuum actuated, it could be a problem with this, often the diaphrams fail (fule will only flow while engine is running)

If it happens again, you could try turning the tap to "pri" if it has a prime setting (fuel will flow wothput engine running).

On some bikes the reserve setting is not vacuum operated (read your handook see what it says the tap positins do).#

Othe rproblems could be dirt in the carb (assuming your bike is caRB).

if your bike is fuel injected you may have a pump problem. But it may be worth changing the fuel filter.