Catching fire

Davidmo3

Was just riding home and noticed people staring at at the bike from their cars, I looked down and there was big flames coming out the exhaust, every time I was stopping huge flames were coming out the exhausts

That's not good! did it stop once you turned bike off?

could just be overfueling, could be a lot worse things

Yes every time I turned it off the flame died

Well I think that pretty much confirms what has been suggested on here in various other threads - it's got to be running way too rich for that to happen.

Impressive, but hardly economical or good for the engine. The fuel will be washing oil off the bores so engine wear will go through the roof.

Plus - Mr Plod may take a dim view of you riding a mobile flamethrower. I remember a severe talking to with a tuned Celica which had a side exhaust that spat flames.

Do not do a thing, and you should treat this as a matter of urgency, do not do a thing until you've filmed it and uploaded that here.

How do I get a video onto here from mobile?

Well I think that pretty much confirms what has been suggested on here in various other threads - it's got to be running way too rich for that to happen.

Impressive, but hardly economical or good for the engine. The fuel will be washing oil off the bores so engine wear will go through the roof.

Plus - Mr Plod may take a dim view of you riding a mobile flamethrower. I remember a severe talking to with a tuned Celica which had a side exhaust that spat flames.

It isn't anything I have done on purpose I don't want any flames I just want it to run normal so I can ride it

Do not do a thing, and you should treat this as a matter of urgency, do not do a thing until you've filmed it and uploaded that here.

Upload it to YouTube ;-)

Upload it to YouTube ;-)

Will do in the morning :)

Flames from my exhaust cost me a fortune!!

Be greatful you got them for free..

But it's actually big flames continuously from the lower exhaust when I stop, it's not spitting it's like the bike is on fire, but it only happens when I come to a stop and the only way to get the flames out is to turn the engine off

Upload it to YouTube ;-)

https://youtu.be/Q8g5bzmIF-g No flames atm but this is how it's running then cuts out

Don't worry Maw, I have the perfect solution and you don't need to send it back;

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2016/03/22/petrol-bomb.jpg/RESIZED/bigResize/Petrol+bomb.jpg

Edited by Davidmo3