rasing front of cbr without center stand

Girlcbr125r

i have to replace my forks after getting them all bent up in crash. got replacements, just need advice on how to jack it up/keep it up without it falling on me.

any good homemade diy ideas guys????

Best /safest Rear paddock stand and a jack .

Bodgers method ...Two step ladders one either side of bike ...large piece of wood supported by both ladders (6/8 foot fence post ).two sturdy ratchet straps around frame or headstock .raise bike via ratchet straps

The problem with a jack under the front end is that its a single cylinder bike with one down pipe and not a lot to rest the jack on to be stable!!

Personally i would avoid supporting/ raising on pipe anyway ...

The problem with a jack under the front end is that its a single cylinder bike with one down pipe and not a lot to rest the jack on to be stable!!

Personally i would avoid supporting/ raising on pipe anyway ...

Then I would back this up with a suggestion :thumb:

If you removed the tank and plastics you could do the whole job with the bike lying down on its side . Alternatively you can make a small ramp out of a piece of strong board and some bricks. Put the bike on a paddock stand then shove the board under the front wheel,lift the other end of the board using leverage to raise the front wheel then insert the bricks to keep it there. Place blocks under the sump then lift the board a little more to remove the bricks. Lower the board and your front end should be raised just enough to drop out the wheel and forks. It's a good idea to loosen all bolts first. This is how I've always removed the front wheel and forks on my GSXR's as I've found using a car jack too wobbly. Mind you, on reflection it's probably not worth buying a paddock stand for such a relatively lightweight bike. You could try balancing the bike on a suitable box . I guess what you really need is a helper on hand to hold it steady.

Bodgers method ...Two step ladders one either side of bike ...large piece of wood supported by both ladders (6/8 foot fence post ).two sturdy ratchet straps around frame or headstock .raise bike via ratchet straps

this idea is genius, i love it.

yh i tried to jack it up but was difficult cos of pipe. i cut a piece of wood though to go round where it was pressing exhaust to keep that safe but after about a mm of weight taken the jack wobbles,