Yamaha YZF R125: confused about "check hose", clutch and cold engine

ooskaar

1900mil

Hi,

I'm just wondering about check hose from air filter. In the manual I can see that if the check hose is dirt is or water visible, I have to remove, clean it and install again. The problem is that in my check hose there is something like gold-yellow oil and there isn't nothing about the kind of "oil" in the manual. Do I have some leaking from somewhere?

I can send you a pic if you want

IMG_6158.thumb.PNG.f4a3a60230eb8d110d8221a4203f932d.PNG

After adjusting the clutch lever free play about 10-15mm, how can I find the zone where the clutch is pressed enough? Because all pressure range until clutch touches the handle it's not good, isn't ?

Will it be the moment, a little further than friction zone, when the bike starts to go?

Or the moment when I can hear the typical sound "CLICK" during pressing the clutch, more or less in the middle of pressing ?

Btw. Is this sound "click" a good thing?

3. Do you have the same problem guys like me? When I start up the bike, in first few minutes my engine is going like "wave"- up and down.Check out the video.

https://youtu.be/xNBkIlsWUvY

When I'll pull the handle just a little bit and come back quite fast to normal position, there is the situation like choke, just for a half second the engine is like "stop running" than come back to normal work. I'll make a video if you want.

I suspect, for someone this questions are so simple, I'm just newbie that's why I'm asking , after trying to find something in manual or google

Cheers guys :cheers:

the check hose should be like a vent pipe pinch the bottom of it and it might allow ant fluid out of it as for engine revving up and down a bit as it is fuel injected it is fairly common also with that model of bike make sure you check the oil level very often as they are known to run dry and wreck the engines not to sure what you mean about the clutch normally you would adjust it so there is a few MM play at the handlebar and that should leave the biting point roughly halfway out on the lever unless it needs adjusting elsewhere

1/ its condensed oil vapour from the crank case breather emulsified with moisture and nothing to worry about unless it is excessive. The reason you have to clean it out is that in the past it just dropped onto the ground but now it is against anti pollution laws. 2/ the click is probably the sound of the switch on the starter lockout system. Adjust the clutch so that you are comfortable riding the bike. 3/the idle speed looks steady enough to me so don't worry about that either.

The reason you have to clean it out is that in the past it just dropped onto the ground but now it is against anti pollution laws.

So now you just remove the plug or whatever, and let it drain out onto the ground. :thumb:

The reason you have to clean it out is that in the past it just dropped onto the ground but now it is against anti pollution laws.

So now you just remove the plug or whatever, and let it drain out onto the ground. :thumb:

If that is your choice yes . I suppose its to prevent the roads becoming soaked in oil which may seem like a bit of an exaggeration but if you imagine somewhere like China where there are millions of these small bikes then maybe not. That's why a lot of bikes are fitted with a breather system that feeds oil vapour back into the airbox to be burned off. The check pipe is just like a mini catch tank that needs emptying occasionally because some of the vapour will cling to the inside of the airbox and dribble down.