Honda CBF 125 ECU Stolen - Is this getting common?

Brian K

Some scum has broken the left hand side panel off the bike and taken the ECU.

Unbelievable - why oh why do I still live around London?

Anyway, mine is a 2012 model, and there are several on Ebay of different ages. Does anyone know anything about compatibility?

Presently I'm not working, and so I don't want to waste money buying the wrong one.

Someone else posted a similar story a couple of months ago on TMBF, is this just a coincidence?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad luck mate, thieving scum. I think compatibility depends on the number of pins i.e. 33 in most cases. Quite a few on eBay, one of them might be your one ( sorry ! )

Hi Mate, try going to www.fowlersparts.co.uk and on the first page you can enter either the VIN number or REG no of your bike.

It will then open up the parts list, on the right hand side go down to WIRE HARNESS, and open that Item 16 is the ECU.

It will give you the part number you are looking for. It will be on the left hand side, then you can cross reference with whats on e-bay.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Bumping old thread.

Apparently it is common.

Had a same problem in march this year :/ YBR standing next to mine was untouched, I had pretty much all the plastic damaged, pillion seat clip snapped, rear cowl, both upper and lower damaged, left side fairing damaged. Had a chat at Chiswick Honda - spares bloke told me that there were 9 people asking for ECU for pgm-fi bikes/scooters in last 3 months

• 1 year later...

this happened to me a couple of days ago. CBF 125 2009.

went to start my bike in the morning to find the plastic side panel pulled open and ecu stolen. its ridiculous how such a valuable componemt is so easy to access.

bough a replacement off ebay thanks tonthe advice here. hopefully it works.

im now trying to think of a creative way to secure the ecu to the bike so it doesnt happen again.