Bike stalls when I go in to first Honda CG125

Guest classifiedmoto

So I bought a bike that's been sat for 4 years and I got it to start on 4th kick and she idles decent considering but as soon as I pull the clutch in and kick down to 1st it stalls

Any ideas what this could be

It's. Honda CG 125 2001

I think clutch plates is the current theory, but he hasn't posted since saying he was going to give that a look.

£5 says there was an ancient Sumerian sealed away inside the clutch cover and he's now searching the earth for the Necronomicon in a state of snarky undeath.

So I bought a bike that's been sat for 4 years and I got it to start on 4th kick and she idles decent considering but as soon as I pull the clutch in and kick down to 1st it stalls

Any ideas what this could be

It's. Honda CG 125 2001

Does it cut out the instant you select first gear or does it falter and stall when you let out the clutch and try to pull away ? I reckon the clutch is stuck together.What happens if the back wheel is off the ground?

I've sorted it now, cleaned all the clutch plates adjusted clutch and it goes into 1st like normal now

Next job is cleaning the carb out and then finding the right jets for a pod filter

I've sorted it now, cleaned all the clutch plates adjusted clutch and it goes into 1st like normal now

Next job is cleaning the carb out and then finding the right jets for a pod filter

So did you find everyone's suggestions and advice useful or would you have figured it out for yourself ?

All suggestions were much appreciated. My first thought was sticking clutch due to length it had been stood but I also looked into kickstand switch but I haven't got one