Please help identify?

arron

_20170805_175849.thumb.JPG.d6531cf914c5af6d3aef8c5ec43225ba.JPG

Hi guys I haven't been on here for a while (sorry for that been very busy with work and moving home),

I have an issue with a broken part and I'm not even sure what it is, how it works or how to change it,

All I can tell you is the bike seems to be fine (I think) and I found this when changing my front sprocket, it is the spring thing (that's as technical as I can get and I've even read the manual),

As you can see I have put a ring around it in the pic, but I found mine to be just hanging and it kept hitting the chain I guess causing a funny noise,

So like I said any info guys would be great coz im at a loss?

Cheers.

Dont know your bike specifically but it looks very similar to the clutch operating arm on my GT380.

That's looks like its a return spring for the arm.

Sorry should have said it's a '99' gsx750f

It won't stop it running!

It just helps to return the clutch worm drive

The clutch itself is enough to make it return though

Cool so is it ok to carry on riding the bike while I'm waiting for the spring to be delivered?

I don't see why not to be honest :)

I agree, I think its just there to maintain a bit of tension to stop the cable popping out of it's slot. Wouldn't think its a return spring as such , the clutch springs take care of that. I would make sure that the cable is free moving and well lubricated though.