Honda CG 125 carb re-jet

Guest classifiedmoto

Does anyone have a CG125 with a pod filter?

If so was just wondering if you could tell me what jets are the best to use. I'm going to be taking the carb apart tomorrow and cleaning so would like to re-jet at the same time

Only helpful answers please, had so many people criticise as oppose to help recently

Thanks guys

You really need to measure the air/fuel ratio to get the jetting right.

If you've got a free flow exhaust too you might want to go up a size on the main jet.

This is a very good guide for carb jetting.

I don't think CG 125s have a CV carb , none of the ones I have rebuilt did . Regarding jets , do you want to know what make or more probably what size ? The make is fairly irrelevant at this level of tuning so buy a wide selection and try them all and stick with the one that makes the bike run best or least worse .

THANks for the replies-yeah I just need to know what sizes will work best with a free flow exhaust and pod filter for main jet and pilot jet really

Thanks again

I guess you will need a selection of main jets and a lot of patience because trial and error is about the only way your going to get it right. Have you considered starting with a brand new carb as a starting point. You can get a decent pattern carb for as little as £13 . Work on one thing at a time starting with the main jet only. Once you have the best jet size you can tweak the other variables such as needle height. I wouldn't worry too much about the pilot jet as this is mostly influential on slow speed running only. If you try to fiddle with everything all at once you'll be lucky to get anywhere. Lastly, have you considered a foam filter instead of a K&N style one ? might be less sensitive to turbulence. Good luck.

Thanks for reply. I think the carb hasn't been touched from stock as it wasn't ridden that much. It just needs a good clean. I consider d both types of filter but have ran the cotton ones before and liked them so thought I'd stick with that. I'll leave the pilot jet and try a few main jets out once all the cleaning is done.

Sounds like a good plan. Here's a CG I re built years ago. If I remember correctly the engine is the original 1976 bottom end with a Brazilian top end. I remember also that this one could hit 75 mph . I think the original '76 model had a bigger carb.http://i.imgur.com/wLIvQn4.jpg

I don't think CG 125s have a CV carb , none of the ones I have rebuilt did . Regarding jets , do you want to know what make or more probably what size ? The make is fairly irrelevant at this level of tuning so buy a wide selection and try them all and stick with the one that makes the bike run best or least worse .

Didn't say it was a CV - it's just a good guide the carb tuning and it stresses the correct way to pick jets etc and set it up without "proper" equipment.