Issues With Honda

AdamLyalls95

Hi people,

I need some advice of someone ASAP My bike is Burning oil it is only a 125, 3.5 weeks ago i had the engine rebuild e.g new barrel and Piston and camshaft as it went and had it serviced as well also they said they fixed my electrical issue which they didnt. then few days ago the engine went again with same knocking noise, Got it took back to honda now they saying its from cold starting the bike i let it warm up but the barrel and piston gone again but only had it back 3 weeks ago i did what they said let it warm up for even longer and been checking the oil and topping it up, they managed to put in a warranty claim for this before and it got accepted but they said this time more than likely they wont accept it, they are trying to blame it all on me when im taking there advised I have had non Stop issues with the bike and im at my wits end what, should i do?

If it's not your fault, and they are being dicks, you need a bike solicitor and an independent expert. Take them to court and nail the dealers testicles to a table.

If it is your fault you need to ignore that advice.

That's really hard to read mate, I'm not a grammar nazi but it really needs a full stop or two or three :lol:.

As for your issues, I haven't a clue maybe ask for proof they actually rebuilt the engine the first time.

Tell them fix it properly or you'll take them to small claims court.

They can't prove that you've caused the problem but it's easy for you to claim they didn't do the work properly as clearly it shouldn't fail again so soon.

If this is a new bike from a Honda dealer and it doesn't work take it back . When you get a replacement have a read of the Breaking In Procedure section of the users manual. I can see the dealers point of view here , you must be doing something wrong to cause a brand new Honda to suffer major mechanical failure twice . It is actually a real Honda isn't it ? Not a Hongda .

Edited by fastbob

Were you given a running in procedure and did you follow the instructions ? As improper use after a rebuild can cause catastrophic damage to internals .

Did you pay cash or credit card .

Contact your local citizens advice or trading standards for advice on how to proceed

Is it a new bike or used ? Is the workshop a honda dealer or a independently run business .

What warranty did they claim from

What is listed on the invoice for work carried out .

Get all the information you can in place before shouting high and mighty either to the workshop or to solicitors .

If this is a new bike from a Honda dealer and it doesn't work take it back . When you get a replacement have a read of the Breaking In Procedure section of the users manual.

Damn you wrote my thoughts whilst i was typing them out ....

Yeah none stop issues with honda they said they sorted my electrical issue and havent loads of bikes told me that no matter what should not have done this in space of 3 weeks and i done what they said wear the engine in and everything. :( :( :(

[mention]fastbob[/mention] I have done everything they told me to do they left me a vm saying oil below dipstick right then when the aa came to look at it there was oil on it so im sure what gone on there tbh.

@fastbob I have done everything they told me to do they left me a vm saying oil below dipstick right then when the aa came to look at it there was oil on it so im sure what gone on there tbh.

Firstly, as previously mentioned by Westbeef ,it would be very helpful if you applied some basic grammar to your sentences. I am not familiar with the abbreviations VM and AA so I don't really know what you are talking about. I can only repeat the the advice that has been given in this and in other similar threads. If you buy faulty goods whether it be a motorbike or an electric toothbrush, take it back to the shop and exchange it for one that is not faulty. It is not your responsibility to fix it .

The AA are a club of killjoy teetotallers who recover broken vehicles instead of having fun with tequila and rum.

A VM is a virtual mole. It's like a real mole but it burrows through the Internet and delivers messages, the kids used a mole because it keeps the message contents underground on the down-lo.

Any other questions about youth culture, grammar or sexual positions - just ask, these are my specialties.

hahahahahaha

boring real answer: it's short for voicemail

Right, and aa means AA as in the Automobile Association.

Lol pmsl idk wtf is going on but the forum seems obsessed with acronyms atm.

VM, AA ITT, DDC and ESA on another.

Getting BTT, IMO they F'ed up. Bikes shouldnt break like that. They can't fob you off and try to say it's all your fault for not RTFM.

It is a 2015 (65 plate) Honda cb125f Millage approx 12,500

Right... so its not a new bike , sorry but when you mentioned a warranty claim I wrongly assumed it was brand new bike. My mistake.

Spoke to another honda Dealership and they said the people who done the work on my done something wrong :D

Exactly. Nothing you could have done under normal use could cause a well built engine to fail so soon.