shock knackered

fastbob

Looking for a bit of advice . The monoshock on my 93 GSXR 1100 WP has lost nearly all damping effect so I'm considering my options. Hopefully it just needs re gassing and re oiling ( there are no visible oil leaks ) but it might need a lot more work . I won't know until I send it away to be examined . I've been quoted £220 for a full refurbishment which is the worst case scenario but as I say it hopefully won't come to that. Has anyone been in a similar situation and what was the outcome? Can anyone recommend a good UK company that specializes in this type of work ? OR has anyone got a decent shock for sale that will fit ? As you may have gathered I don't have tons of cash to spend so the cheapest solution would be preferable. Thanks.

First things first can you actually rebuild these shocks?

try brook suspension

I may have answered my question above though :lol: https://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/services/motorcycle-shock-rebuilds/suzuki/suzuki-gsxr1100-shock-absorber-rebuild-repair-service.html

it could be a number of reasons why you can't see a leak but the damping has gone but either way something somewhere has failed and it will need a rebuild rather than just a regas

you would see more benefit with a new better shock but I reckon you are talking around £300 upwards

My vote is for a new shock, when I replaced my knackered shock on my B12 is was like day & night :cheers:

I'm thinking the same myself. I've had an offer from one company to assess the shock with no obligation to go any further if its not going to be worth it. Still going to cost me £20 postage. How about YSS shocks ? Any good ? I presume a b12 is a 1200 Bandit.

one of my shocks was shot on the gsx1400.I decided to buy some from Hagon after seeing the price of refurbishment and used shocks.so glad I did.my bike handles like a treat now for a big old girl. :thumb: