ACF50

Furiae

Ok I was refilling my spray bottle for acf50 with fluid from the big refill bottle. I tripped and the bottle went flying I spilled it on the bike and now when I switch it on the bike starts smoking and a funny smell comes off. Mostly comes off the engine that's exposed from the sides.

Have I just buggered the bike? I'm an idiot.

A doubt it... I occasionally use too much and it burns off in a white coloured smoke. Like so:

Didn't do any damage that I can tell...

That sure eases of a bit

That's less than what came off mine. Even after I wiped most of it off. Do I just burn most of it off?

Yes it just burns off. As [mention]Gerontious[/mention] says, the only thing to watch for is if any spilled on the brakes pads or the discs. And a load of brake cleaner applied in a timely fashion (i.e. before you want to use the brakes to stop) should sort that out.

ACF is inert and will do no harm whatsoever.

The only problem you are ever likely to have is if by accident you get it on the brake discs... and/or brake pads.

Yes it just burns off. As @Gerontious says, the only thing to watch for is if any spilled on the brakes pads or the discs. And a load of brake cleaner applied in a timely fashion (i.e. before you want to use the brakes to stop) should sort that out.

Thank you both

Made the mistake of over-spraying it onto my front brake disk. It's the sort of thing you only do once. Even though I thought I had wiped all of it off I still had to put up with horrible burning smell and poor braking until it burned away. Now I apply the stuff with a brush and it goes nowhere near the brakes!

A doubt it... I occasionally use too much and it burns off in a white coloured smoke. Like so:

https://youtu.be/yUhUHaOE7ZI

Didn't do any damage that I can tell...

Why have you put a small compressor into your frame? What have you done with the engine? :evil: