Cheap bike alarm draining battery?

null3d

Hi,

About a year ago (Just over) I bought a Keeway 125 and decided to buy an alarm for it I did leave the bike standing for almost a week when I was off work but ever since that week the battery has been dead to the world constantly losing its charge over 1 to 2 days.

This is the alarm I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DNES51K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was just wondering if its the alarm thats causing the battery drain or is it because the bike is relatively new or is the problem because I left the bike stood for a few days ?

I have read on other forums it could be the fact that the bike is new(ish) and the batteries aren't fully charged before leaving the shops but I've also read that the alarm could be the issue due to it constantly drawing power from the battery, alas I've decided to buy a battery charger which should be with me at the end of the week but I'm hoping to get an answer from more experienced riders.

Brilliant,I love the bit that says " The potential thief cannot be approached by your motorcycle " I guess that's because it won't start due to a flat battery. It's a £12 alarm , what do you expect ? I bought a Chinese knock off Ultrafire torch for £3.75, it gets very hot and a battery lasts about 45 minutes. You get what you pay for.