brake caliper HELP

savo318

Hiya.

My front brake caliper on my honda cg needs replacing. I've already stripped it down, but some of the bolts are so rusted and corroded that i dare not put too much force on them.

I decided just to replace the whole caliper, better safe than sorry, as the brake pads seem to be constantly rubbing on the disc, not matter how much i tr to adjust them.

My problem though is in finding a replacement unit, there seems to be loads of caslipers that come up on my search, but none of them say that they are compatable with a cg.

could someone please give me a heads up as i really dont know whart im looking for.

( honda cg es 2004 front disc brake edition).

thanks all.

If you're replacing anyway why not try whatever you can to get your current one open? If it works great, if not use the spare :)

Also , you don't necessarily have to open it up to fit a repair kit , you can pump the pistons out and fit new seals etc. Remember to clean the muck out of the groove that the seals go in and to grease the pins if it is a floating caliper. If the bleed nipple snaps off however, a good engineer could still get it out.