Honda CBR 600 F Sport CPG/ECU issue?

WinstonR

Ok, so I have been having a difficult time with the bike of late. I cannot get it to start. It will turn over no problem but will not start and won't bump start.

I am getting fuel but no spark. The only thing I can go by is the error code which the bike provides. It only gives me one error code which is 18: cam pulse generator (CPG). I replaced this with a known working part but still no luck. I then ran a cable directly from the CPG to the ECU but still nothing. I took out my multimeter and checked to see if it was registering as a circuit but it wasn't. Therefore I appear to be getting no circuit between the CPG and the ECU. I have no idea why. I don't know how to resolve this, perhaps the ECU needs replaced?

I have spent so much time on this and have pretty much missed out on the summer for riding. I have listed the bike on gumtree as spares or repair because I just cannot fathom the energy to spend any more time on it.

If anyone has any advice on sorting this issue please let me know. Otherwise it's yours for £1200: https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbikes/honda-cbr-600-f-sport/1262464690.

Oh no that sucks. That's really bad luck :(

Sorry no wise advice from me except you'd do better to start a new thread with a title like "Help Help Bike Wont Start" as you might get more people looking at it than sticking it on the back of this thread.

Couple of ideas:

Have you checked the CPG wires individually i.e. between the ECU and the unit?

Have you checked the signal from the CPG? If you've got a snazzy multi-meter with max/min you can connect it directly to the CPG and crank the engine - you should be able to find values in your service book. Otherwise stick the multi-meter on AC - if the value jumps about then it's likely working.

If the CPG value is static then have a look at it's position - your manual should give you tolerance from the rotor.

Failing that, I highly recommend Ignitech fully programmable ECU.