carb overflowing

colin-of-derby

I just had a mystery leak that sounds very similar to yours. Cleaned everything and it still leaked.

It turned out to be the float valve sealing washer which had decayed. You'll have to pop the floats out and undo a screw which holds the brass valve seat in. You'll then be able to check the washer.

I bet there's a little flake of rust or similar debris lurking just behind the float valve seat. Its probably just keeping the valve from fully closing but too big to pass through into the float chamber. If you can remove the valve seats on this particular type of carb that might be the best way of checking that the passage that links all the carbs is clear. Having said this,sometimes just opening the float bowl drain and letting fuel flow freely by setting the tap to prime can do the trick. A good belt with a rubber mallet is often effective too. You have checked the fuel levels ( notice I said fuel levels and not float levels ) I presume ?