L Plater cries about his YBR acceleration lag.

Griff

Hi guys so I've got an issue with my YBR, there's a ton of lag in the acceleration, so I was wondering what it could be?

My throttle sticks and doesn't immediately snap back, the bike has been sat since January also.

Anyone have any ideas?

Not the most mechanically minded yet, I haven't fiddled with me bike, had to buy a new one as my last YBR oil sump kicked it.

Hi, if it's been stood that long it's probably best to get it serviced, an oil change and everything checked over and especially if you've got sticky controls. From there l would go for fresh fuel. You've already experienced engine failure, most times this happens it's due to lack of maintenance. A service might sound expensive but against a major repair it's peanuts.

Hi, if it's been stood that long it's probably best to get it serviced, an oil change and everything checked over and especially if you've got sticky controls. From there l would go for fresh fuel. You've already experienced engine failure, most times this happens it's due to lack of maintenance. A service might sound expensive but against a major repair it's peanuts.

Oil is pretty fresh, engine seems pretty good.

which is good because i'm too scared to undo the sump after what happened to my last ybr.

sump plug cross threaded and the aluminium that went underneath it cracked.

Lube your throttle cable, if it's not snapping back it's either getting caught or needs adjusting.

A service is easy to do, watch a few YouTube videos and give it a go. Service kits are available on eBay with everything you need.