Yamaha YBR 125 Ticking Noise

Airshow

Hey guys!

Please see the video below (Or hear it?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKTvwxh0P5U

I've recently bought a used Yamaha YBR 125 - a fuel injected 2011 model. I am fairly new to motorcycles and have noticed a ticking/clicking noise that appears to be coming from the top of the engine. Due to my inexperience I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not! The bike has done nearly 25000 miles.

The ticking is tied to the engine RPM.

I would really appreciate any help or advice - please let me know if you need me to provide more information. Thank you!

Hello.

It's difficult to hear it (but I'm a bit mutton). You can use a long screwdriver as a stethoscope(ish) - tip end on the engine and t'other on your ear to narrow down where it's coming from.

Bike engines do tend to make a bit more noise than car engines so don't be too alarmed.

If it's done 25k miles and hasn't had them done already, it might just be that your tappets need a bit of adjustment.

Thank you for your reply! Like I said, I'm unfamiliar with what is and isn't normal on motorcycles so I might just be stressing myself out. If you can't hear anything that makes you concerned then I think it should be good to ride till I get it looked at.