Service costs?

zoomzoom

Hi,

My Honda 2012 CBR600F is due a service.

It's just done 12,000 miles and was last serviced on 10,000 miles but that was 2 years ago. A year ago I did some bits myself to make sure everything was well but want to get it done by a professional this time.

What should I expect to pay for this service? I'll be getting them to do the MOT at the same time.

Thanks,

Zoom

Hard to say, mate......big differences between main dealers and independants. .....give it a couple of months and the dealer workshops will go quiet, so you can negotiate a better deal on the cost..... :wink:

I've had a few CBR600F's but yours is the one with the RR derived engine I think so will have more in common with that.

In that case I paid around £120 for a oil and filter change for my RR, and it came with a stamp in the book.

An independent should be around that or less I would think. The RR had a smaller sump so it costs you less in oil.

If you service it yourself get a haynes manual, torque wrench, basic tool kit and the materials are easy to find online for servicing. You'll save a lot of money over time and generally watching highly rated youtube videos will keep you on the straight and narrow.

paid £60 for mine, did oil change ,tyre pressure, chain lube and clean general health check and lubed all cables / levers (he even straightened up my gear lever were it bent from a fall at no charge bless him lol )

woulda been £90 if i wanted breaks and air filters doing but i had already fixed those, just couldnt get bolt off for the oil sump so had to get it removed .

Ah... to pay a professional rate for only the workshop monkey let loose on your pride and joy :lol: :mrgreen:

I would imagine £35.00 phr at an independent, I suppose it also depends what bike....

I have a Bavarian Mudslinger

I paid £187.00 for the Valves checked and adjusted, brake fluid change (Servo assisted abs bmw boll@xs system) clutch fudge changed and throttle bodies set up/balanced and a new alternator belt oh and a general check on a laptop :?: . And the best bit ..... the bloke talked me through it all while he was doing it and offering advice. :D

did the simple stuff myself :mrgreen:

If it's under warranty, have it serviced, get ripped off, then check all the work that's been done. Don't trust any bike shop to do a proper job.

If it's out of warranty and you're not a mechanical idiot, do it yourself, ask for advice, buy a manual, watch YouTube videos, save money, learn lots, have satisfaction.

+1 what Megawatt said.

The only time I wouldn't recommend that is with Chinese bikes... The warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on and the servicing is explicitly designed to rip you off so no point playing that game! May as well DIY it from day one :thumb: