AJS Daytona 125 mods?

kezzington

So I have just bought myself a AJS Daytona the bike is absolutely beautiful <3

I have bought for it J&p Turnout pipes [which sound amazing much better then the stock]

I am now looking to upgrade a few other things on it im looking for a good filter and crank breather and a fuel filter.

I also need a little help in understanding Jets, my friend whos a long time biker and had the same bike as i have now told me i should change my jets from 80 to 110 can someone please explain what he means by that, I understand its to do with the carb but i can not for the life of me find a good video explaining how to adjust or replace them.

any help would be much appreciated along with any other recommended modifications i can do tohelp my engine.

I am not after speed just to give my engine that bigger beast then it actually is feel along with care for my engine.

from what I understand if your carb is Mikuni you can buy a new main jet (#110), take apart your carb and unscrew main jet and replace with new jet, if you're upgrading your air intake and amount of fuel entering the carb you may need to adjust your carb settings slightly to get it to run smoother.

You can also change the sprockets making them larger or smaller on both the front and/or the back to either increase acceleration, or reduce acceleration and lengthen out your gearing to increase top speed.

These are all changes I will be making soon on my XVS125 soon, to give me a bit more of a helping hand on the 70mph dual carriageways.

Save your money for a better bike in the future and leave your bike standard so you will get a better price when you sell it on. Alternatively , stick an ER5 engine in it , there's certainly enough room.

Save your money for a better bike in the future and leave your bike standard so you will get a better price when you sell it on. Alternatively , stick an ER5 engine in it , there's certainly enough room.

I won't be spe ding much on it just some new filters and a few improvements I plan on keeping this bike for a good few years then upgrading to something bigger

But someone mentioned something similar to me about a new engine it sounds like a good idea but I don't know of the frame could handle it

from what I understand if your carb is Mikuni you can buy a new main jet (#110), take apart your carb and unscrew main jet and replace with new jet, if you're upgrading your air intake and amount of fuel entering the carb you may need to adjust your carb settings slightly to get it to run smoother.

You can also change the sprockets making them larger or smaller on both the front and/or the back to either increase acceleration, or reduce acceleration and lengthen out your gearing to increase top speed.

These are all changes I will be making soon on my XVS125 soon, to give me a bit more of a helping hand on the 70mph dual carriageways.

I was planning on keeping the sprocket the same as I'm not after speed happy with the top speed mostly going to be used for work and rides out

But thank you for explain the jets hopefully I can get the mix correct for a nice ride