Pioneer Nevada 125 63 plate will not start

hedleymorgan76

Ok first yes I know its a Chinese bike and they have a bad reputation. But I only paid £200 for it and since the last few times I have started to learn to ride I bought new Jap bikes only to sell them after a few months so the wife gets on my case.

So down to the problem it will not fire up, starter works but no spark.

It was working fine for about 2 months then riding to work in the rain it died, I looked around on google and youtube and seen what was suggested so I have changed: -

stator

coil

CDI

lead

spark plug

But still no spark. Only thing i have not changed is the harness. Will not even spark on kick start. Engine turns freely.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Have you tried bump starting it?

Second gear start, clutch in, run itdown a road, preferably down a slight incline to around 10mph and dump the clutch.

She should kick in, as soon as you hear the engine whir to life, pull in the clutch again. (I tend to do this straddled on the bike, running alongside them scares the hell out of me in case it decides to run off should you F**k up :lol: )

I ride a lexmoto and had a similar issue to this where it wouldn't start after I was changing the throttle cable

Have you had the carb out recently too? Are you sure it was put back in the correct allignment? the cut out should face to the rear of the bike, there's usually little slits showing you which way it goes but I've found that the shengway carbs don't have these.