NOw it won’t start

Put new plugs in

Starts on full choke

Ideals low for a few seconds then dies

Won’t start at all on no choke

Any ideas guys

What bike?

And did you gap the plugs?

Hi Neal, it may help if we had more information like what bike and what year, under what circumstances did it stop working ie ran out of fuel or just died? Has it been laid up for a while or recently had any work done on it? The more information the better the chance someone may be able to help you.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Did it start with the old plugs in?

What state are the plugs in?

Have you checked the gap?

Are they sparking?

Are the coils ok?

There are a billion ways to go with this.

You could do a few basic checks with the spark plugs, checking the air filter and airbox, to cleaning the carbs out. Start with checking plugs, coils and leads, and work your way round each part of the system. Spark, air, fuel, exhaust.

1200 bandit

It didn’t run out of fuel

Plugs are fine

It was running fine 1 day

Filled up from a petrol can (yes can)

Did about 5 miles nxt day and it miss fired, spluttered so he got it home now it won’t start

Got to fuel related ?

Air lock ?

Shit in can

Cheers

You have to be very careful when you remove the PLUG CAPS on Bandits . Because they go down deep into the engine its tempting to pull them off the plugs by gripping the ht lead . This could cause it to become detached from the plug cap which would lead to poor running. Sometimes the little pointed screw in the cap can come loose because its only held in by a star washer. The best way to get the caps off the plugs is to lever them off using a large pair of thin nosed pliers. It's equally possible that the ht leads have come loose from the coils . If they are held in by plastic clips like they are on a GSXR then they are ridiculously fragile and very hard to find replacements for . Most people end up using zip ties to keep the leads in place when these things fail. Hope this helps . Whenever a bike won't work after work has been done then then it's nearly always going to be the work that has caused the change.

Sounds like stale fuel to me, if it's been sat in can for a while, Don't forget normal pump fuel has a shelf life in the UK of a month, after this it starts to go off. Drain out all the fuel first and put in fresh fuel. And if it's Carb version, don't forget to drain float bowls, otherwise it still trying to start on old fuel in bowl's.

1200 bandit

It didn’t run out of fuel

Plugs are fine

It was running fine 1 day

Filled up from a petrol can (yes can)

Did about 5 miles nxt day and it miss fired, spluttered so he got it home now it won’t start

Got to fuel related ?

Air lock ?

Shit in can

Cheers

Water or mix fuel boggin it out flush it try again

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk