Identify this

Neal

Yep....looks like the secondary air injector unit......This is for emissions. .......I've removed mine on the Speedy, had it disabled in the ecu and blanked off the ports in the cylinder head...... :wink:

IMG_20160409_161922.thumb.jpg.df1b1a6c567567d795733804b17125af.jpg

IMG_20160409_155012.thumb.jpg.dd656666bdf28fe8244d55c256d8944a.jpg

Yup. Don't need it... Oh, ship. I stuck the 10130 power map on my RS the other day to see if it would improve things (which it did), but forgot to check if there are any settings I need to change, because mine has no SAI...

All the above are wrong!

Its actually a PAIR valve!!

Suzuki's name for a secondary air injection unit :lol:

Its the same thing :lol:

remove it if you don't want it and make some blanking plates

it is there to add fresh air from the air box in to the exhaust to weaken the emissions

The hose going from it to the carb had split would this be the reason my bikes been running crap (loss of power, stuttering, miss fireing ?

I would say that a split hose anywhere, particularly to the carb is probable cause of said symptoms. Removal is the way forward.

The hose going from it to the carb had split would this be the reason my bikes been running crap (loss of power, stuttering, miss fireing ?

Possibly. Try blanking it off and see what happens..... :wink:

On a Hayabusa you can blank it off with "The Marble Mod"

A split will probably make the bike noisy ...Do you have an unexplained ticking?

He has a split between the valve and the carb resulting in an air leak in to the carb :)

If it was the other side of the valve you would get the ticking :)

What's the benefits of blanking it off ?

As a side note I was told the PAIR system was responsible for a nice flame out of the exhausts on high revs roll off :lol:

What's the benefits of blanking it off ?

As a side note I was told the PAIR system was responsible for a nice flame out of the exhausts on high revs roll off :lol:

Just stops it popping and farting so much on the overrun

There is no power gain at all

It tidies things up a bit too

You know how some bikes sort of make a backfire sound when revs roll off "a popping noise"

Its supposed to stop that........I dont have it but some do (dependant on after market end cans) Some love it others see it as a fault (which it isnt)

Blueflames would be the same thing.......hot exhaust gasses having more Air added makes it do it.....and marble mod stops the air being put into the pipes

Its just a personal preference

Although I have had Blueflames out of my "Evo Blueflame" end cans

The last thing Im doing is looking in the mirror to see if it does it at high revs

EDIT: Same As Stu says

You know how some bikes sort of make a backfire sound when revs roll off "a popping noise"

Its supposed to stop that........I dont have it but some do (dependant on after market end cans) Some love it others see it as a fault (which it isnt)

Blueflames would be the same thing.......hot exhaust gasses having more Air added makes it do it.....and marble mod stops the air being put into the pipes

Its just a personal preference

Although I have had Blueflames out of my "Evo Blueflame" end cans

The last thing Im doing is looking in the mirror to see if it does it at high revs

EDIT: Same As Stu says

This was my bike after i fitted a full Akro system..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gb68S9pA_o

With mine when the SAI had been disabled but before I blanked the ports off it was banging on the overrun.....I mean proper loud.....so I got fed up with it and removed the SAI valve assy and blanked the ports.......but I could have also achieved the same with the marble mod as [mention]SlowBusa[/mention] said.......but I just wanted to get rid of a bit more garbage from under the tank...... :wink:

@Joeman Ive heard the BMW S1000RR does it as stock to a certain extent..(but obviously not loudly)...did yours before you fitted your Akro's?

Mine (2013 model) didnt with the standard exhaust but the 2015 models pop nicely when slowing down. no flames though - not good for health and safety i guess!

With the full exhaust mine was crazy - loud pops, huge flames, really entertaining but not practical so i had to block off the air supply to stop the air getting into the exhaust.

But, there is a solenoid in there. my idea is to have it switchable, so i can flick a switch and go from mildly antisocial, to flame spitting monster!