Headlight bulb question

Ricco1

The headlight bulb has blown on my 1982 Yam RS125DX. It's a 6v 25w/25w 3 hole version which is relatively rare. Scanning Ebay I've found one for a fiver. I've also found a box of 10 for 11 quid which I'd rather get, as it's always good to have spares. The box of 10 is 35w/35w though. I was wondering, would this more pwerful version give me better light (6v, very poor)? Would fitting these bulbs cause any problems at all?

Cheers for any replies.

You also have to think about the wiring too!

Draw too much and the wiring may not handle it and burn out or even catch fire!

10w may not be much difference but it can be if the wiring is already close to the limit like most are

It's 4.1 amp v 5.8 amp

Your cable and switch would have to be pretty poor not to cope, but if it catches fire I never seen this and don't know who you are.

I have seen very poor wiring on "expensive" bike before so it's not to be ruled out

I wouldn't be surprised if it was 4.5 amp cable :lol:

If you are really worried about it and want to be sure then make a new headlight loom run off relays and fed from the battery

Yes it will be overkill but peace of mind and all that