fuel problems or injectors?

Valko

Hello all,

Problems with my MT09.

Usually I do Premium Unleaded (95 RON). I do have noticed that when the bike sits few days in the garage and the tank is say half full when I start the bike and go there are sputters, judders and all kinds of unpleasantries.

Than when I fill the tank full the bike runs very smooth.

Do I need to use Super Unleaded (97/98 RON) or some Premium Fuels – e.g. Shell V-Power, BP Ultimate 99RON ?

Or I may need to buy some injector cleaner?

Ideas?

I use ordinary Shell unleaded out of preference.. because it contains injector cleaners as well as other detergents. (fuel save)

and..

Once a year i dose the tank with injector cleaner.. and think of this as normal maintenance. Though its primary use is to remove any water that has entered the tank during the winter. (bike lives outside) it also cleans the injectors.

I use this: https://www.wynns.uk.com/product/dry-fuel_consumer/

Does it work? well the bike is fast approaching its 18th birthday and it still has the original injectors and i have had no problems with them at all since i bought this particular bike in 2005.

Supermarket petrol is no good then?

Only.asking because I have been using sainsburys petrol station as it is my closest one and just found fuel pump is completely dead

I use a local Shell garage.....more or less the same price as Tesco, but I get about 50 miles more range in my car using the Shell diesel.......and I fill my bike up there too......heard too many horror stories about supermarket fuel..... :wink:

Supermarket petrol is no good then?

Only.asking because I have been using sainsburys petrol station as it is my closest one and just found fuel pump is completely dead

I use a local Shell garage.....more or less the same price as Tesco, but I get about 50 miles more range in my car using the Shell diesel.......and I fill my bike up there too......heard too many horror stories about supermarket fuel..... :wink:

You might like to have a quick look at this....https://www.petrolprices.com/news/supermarket-fuel-and-premium-petrol-the-lowdown/

S23