Honda cbf 125 won't move forward when in gear

Aidenwilko

When it is on the stand and in gear and the wheel rotates when you Rev. What happens if you then operate the back brake without touching the clutch?

If it stalls as beefy says check front brake,

If it continues to rev and wheel stops then check clutch

I have tightened the clutch and have checked the front brake and it still won't go forward

What do you mean by tightened the clutch. There needs to be some free play in the cable between the lever and the clutch operating arm.

Sounds like you haven't got a clutch at all . Your going to have to open it up but I reckon you might find the friction plates burned , missing or just plain worn out. Get a manual and whip out all the plates , friction and steel, then measure the total stack height and compare it to acceptable limits.

Sounds like you haven't got a clutch at all . Your going to have to open it up but I reckon you might find the friction plates burned , missing or just plain worn out. Get a manual and whip out all the plates , friction and steel, then measure the total stack height and compare it to acceptable limits.

Also check that the clutch basket isn't notched, stopping the plates from moving correctly...... :wink:

My honda cbf 125 won't move forward when in gear but will just rev but when put on the centre stand the back wheel will rotate.

A completely worn out clutch will still have enough friction to turn the back wheel if it's off the ground and there is no resistance at all.

You do have teeth on both sprockets don't you ? I

Like this!SAM_1092.thumb.JPG.79d2003870097cc15bce9115ffc97ff6.JPGSAM_1093.thumb.JPG.cba59d7db2de9dd7c4cb3cd87b406fa0.JPG

Sorry just had to post< came in on a Honda City fly couple years ago, Guy reckons wouldn't move forward very well!!!!!

Now hangs on workshop wall :D

You do have teeth on both sprockets don't you ? I

Like this!SAM_1092.JPGSAM_1093.JPG

Sorry just had to post< came in on a Honda City fly couple years ago, Guy reckons wouldn't move forward very well!!!!!

Now hangs on workshop wall :D

If you ever visit Bike Bits breakers in Coventry they have a rear sprocket hanging in the shop that actually has no teeth at all , not even bumps. The bike was ridden there from Leamington Spa which is about 15 miles !