Optimate 3 battery charger

Bill

when you say 'continuously'.. do you mean its been flashing for more than 12 hours?

A flashing green light that flashes for 12 hours is normal. This is called the voltage retention test and if the light does flash for 12 hours.. this is a good sign and shows the battery is in good health.

A very over rated product . When I worked for a major bike parts retailer at least half of all Optimates sold were returned . We used to put them in a big box and every time it was full up we would call the rep and get them all credited with no questions asked . Then we would start filling it up again . And bear in mind this was at local branch level so nationally it must have been much worse.

Go to the attached link, instructions and info, power light flashing is very odd, I have an optimate 4, power LED should only be on to confirm its plugged in, maybe worth having it checked. I've been using optimate for years on all my bikes, quads and an off road racing buggy, always found them to be very reliable doing exactly what it says on the tin, good bit of kit in my opinion. https://tecmate.com/products/optimate3/