Gsxr600

Nn12Honda

Hi all I’m. Looking at getting a new bike and have come across a gsxr600 2010 only 3800 miles on it . It just almost seems to good as it’s a 7 year old bike with such low miles . Has had 3 previous owners and has been changed in colour . There are no marks on it at all it’s perfect . I’ve done hpi checks and all ok . Is there anything way I can check the mileage is genuine I’m probably being over suspicious but this is only my second bike so is there any advice on buying bikes or things to look out for . Thanks

I'm just having a guess here but could that mean it's an import, or do bikes have the three year mot break like new cars do and just had been sat there since it ran out?

Ahh yes that would make sence as it was registerd in 2010 January by the first owner so wouldent need a mot jaunary 2014 is that correct ? it changed owners twice in 2013 so maybe it just hasent been used and this years mot is its first . . Probably me being over cautious :oops:

Ahh yes that would make sence as it was registerd in 2010 January by the first owner so wouldent need a mot jaunary 2014 is that correct ? it changed owners twice in 2013 so maybe it just hasent been used and this years mot is its first . . Probably me being over cautious :oops:

It's the colour change that rings alarm bells , why ? Is it a spray job or is it new tank and plastics?

Hi all I’m. Looking at getting a new bike and have come across a gsxr600 2010 only 3800 miles on it . It just almost seems to good as it’s a 7 year old bike with such low miles . Has had 3 previous owners and has been changed in colour . There are no marks on it at all it’s perfect . I’ve done hpi checks and all ok . Is there anything way I can check the mileage is genuine I’m probably being over suspicious but this is only my second bike so is there any advice on buying bikes or things to look out for . Thanks

Well I've done 8000 miles in 6 months on an ER5 so you have good reason to be cautious.

Have you got pics?

I can’t imagine any reason why someone would change the paint job on a special edition bike apart from it being thrown down the road.

Recycled stunt bike ?

Looks good.

Why would it have it's first MOT in March which it failed for iffy headlight and indicators?

Also, why fit a new chain and sprocket set when it's done <4k miles?

Did you do an HPI check? That'll tell you of it's imported etc.

If you go and look at it, have a peek under the seat and behind some plastics if you can, people often make a gash job of the wiring when changing fairings over.

Yes fully hpi checked it out it shows not imported and that it was last sold in 2013 so it looks like it hasent been riden since then as no mots . what’s your guys veiws on after market fairings as I’m positive this is one as I’ve found it online for sale . I’m pritty sure I’m goin to go for it as it looks imactulate

Something is amiss with this bike!

No one buys a bike and doesn't ride it! Well not one of these anyway! If it was a one off 250k bsb bike then fair enough but it's a gsxr which are common as muck!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's been a track toy or something hence no mot's new ish tyres and new chain and sprockets!

I've got an aftermarket fairing on one of mine. It's been on for 7 or 8 years. I stuck it on after scraping a couple of panels in a slide - it was cheaper to buy a full aftermarket set than replacing the busted panels with new Kwak parts.

The fit is okay but not OEM quality and it's prone to chips and scrapes - it's looking pretty tired now.

Oh, and the fitting for the rear light let go a couple of months ago so it fell off mid ride.

It does look smart - see what it's like in the flesh.

Four owners, only 3.8k miles??

That's not normal...

As stu says, might be an Ex-track bike, reassembled for its MOT, hence the failure for lights as track bikes don't have lights...

But having said that, I'd still go view it. Looks nice and cheap to replace any parts that need replacing. Own it for a while, put some miles on it and then the millage won't look so suspicious, sell for the same money next year.

Edit..it's a business seller so you get additional legal rights.

Also they have a K7 750 with 4k miles on... worth a look at that too. But why did they have two really low mileage gsxrs?

I’ve been to look at it just couldent make my mind up .its a stunning bike . The k7 is also nice there’s also a 600rr there that has 4 k on it . All in good condition and at good prices . :scratch: the seller seems genuine unlike others I’ve met but I just can’t decide yet

Looks a good machine. But I would say that I am unable to buy anything but gsxrs lol.

A friend of mine parked up his bike came back half hour later and was missing pretty much all his fairings some swine must have thought they had a right to them.

He decided that to pay his excess and have them replaced on a 9 year old gsxr then pay added premium it would work out more cost effective to get onto monster fairings and buy aftermarket ones.....

If it is an ex track bike because your buying from a dealer you should get engine gearbox and electrics warranty and as long as when you buy it you use it a fair bit to discover any faults these should be taken care of

Go see it, take a good look around don't be shy get in there and look for skid damage ECT

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’m going to go and have another check over the bike . He dosent supply any warentty with any of his bikes he sed somthing about going on line and I can take one out from there if I wanted one . It’s just he mileage that puzzles me surly even a track bike would have more on it . My only idea is it’s been crashed and not riden since which would explain the low mileage and the after market fairings and colour change

my bike had done 300 miles in 4 years when I got it (and a total of 15k on a 15year old bike) with MOT gaps.

it has been dropped and was running badly so think people just didn't get on with it. Maybe it was used on track who knows.

With bikes the less you use them the worse than can get so (touch wood) a few thousand miles a year seem to be doing wonders for it :wink:

If you're unsure walk away there a a lot of bikes out there

I’m going to go and have another check over the bike . He dosent supply any warentty with any of his bikes he sed somthing about going on line and I can take one out from there if I wanted one . It’s just he mileage that puzzles me surly even a track bike would have more on it . My only idea is it’s been crashed and not riden since which would explain the low mileage and the after market fairings and colour change

Go take another look. Use your suspicion as a bargaining point and knock the price down a bit.

My first reply was based on looking at the bike on my phone!

Now having a good look at the close ups on my computer I really wouldn't touch it!

The front discs look as though they have more than 4k miles use on them there is a few marks on the rear swingarm the chain and sprockets don't actually look that new either! I would expect to get a good 6-7k out of the stock ones! the side stand also looks fairly weathered too.....its tell tale signs like this that suggest the mileage is inaccurate

But I am very suspicious! I have been screwed over before!

I can see how people get done over I’m new to Bikes so I’m prime to get done over I fall in love with Bikes evrytime I go to a showroom I’m

Just trying to be as carefull as I can .. Is it possible to adjust the clock on Bikes theys days then or would they just swap the clock over with another bike .

I have done mileage correction on a bike before and it was really easy! no I wasn't dodgy I was doing a clock change and wanted to keep the mileage the same! I was actually bringing the mileage up on the new clocks!

With a bit of googling and £7 on parts I was adjusting the EEPROM chip in the clocks