50cc 2T stalls/dies when going uphill

Xahej

Alright so I'll say first that I have absolutely little to no knowledge on motorbikes.

I'm using a Piaggio 50cc 2T motorbike (automatic shifting).

Right now, this started happening like a week ago, basically, whenever I'd go up a steep hill, lets say, I start at the base of the hill, standstill, I drive up, bike accelerates to about 15kmph and shifts into second gear,

after it shifts, when I give it power, it just loses power, slows down, if I try to feed it more throttle it just plain dies, as in the bike shuts down.

So, what I've done to the bike in the past few months, I've changed the Carburetor since the old one was, well old and not performing well.

Changed the Cylinder + Piston and what comes with it from a T2 to a modified T4 (don't ask how cause I don't know).

Now the issue started happening on the T4 cylinder, exact issue.

Now yesterday I went to the shop and got a brand new T2 cylinder + piston and what comes with it.

Put it all together, tried on the hill next to my house, same issue.

I've cleaned the air intake filter as well.

EDIT: Forgot to say that the fuel pump was just changed as well. And the restrictions on the bike have all been removed except the one on the variator.

What could be the problem?

Well the problem could be that you're expecting a scooter with an extremely small engine to propel itself and you up a steep hill. Perhaps there's nothing much wrong with it except the fact that it just hasn't got enough power.

So with "little to no knowledge on motorbikes" you have:

Changed the carburettor

Changed the cylinder and piston

Removed all the restrictors (and what, may I ask, is a variator?)

Changed the fuel pump

Where to start?

[mention]Speedy23[/mention] variator is the Piaggio name for the twist and go CVT drive. There is a washer that stops the drive going into top ration.

@Speedy23 variator is the Piaggio name for the twist and go CVT drive. There is a washer that stops the drive going into top ration.

[[mention]Speedy23[/mention]

Aha....thank you.