R6 clocks from kph to mph ??

Adam88

Hey there , recently got myself an R6 which was an import I believe as log books says first registered over seas, the clocks are on kph and I can't find how to change them to mph? I've searched online and some say do this and do that while others say you can't on certain imports ? I've tried to hold down select which someone said on YouTube do but that don't do anything ? Just wondered if anyone could shed some light on this how to change or I've I need a new part etc where would I purchase from ?

Thanks in advance many thanks Adam

Hey yeah tried that didn't no anything apart from changing the clocks 😩 That speedo healer think gonna have to purchase ain't to bad for price either tbf, I can see the mph sign in background next to the kph but imagine all bikes will have that then certain country's have there's fixed on kph or mph but read Canadian bikes can't change kph to mph either, would like to know where my bike was first registered lol

apparently you just press the select button for more than one second and it should change :?

To find the country of origin you would need to look up the vin and find what number or letter corresponds to which country! some bikes are easy some are a pain in the arse to work out

Sorry, I don't know how to post video links but I've just found and watched this and it would appear to be very straightforward.http://i.imgur.com/UdD9Fmo.png

Sorry, I don't know how to post video links but I've just found and watched this and it would appear to be very straightforward.http://i.imgur.com/UdD9Fmo.png

copy the link out of the url bar then paste it in to the post

To embed it then click on the media link in the post reply and insert the link in the media tags

[media][/media]

If using the you tube app then click share and copy link then the same as above :)

Hey thanks for replys I've followed the videos and still no luck so speedo healerv4 it is lol! I searched for the guys name who had the bike before as only 1 owner and he's American but pretty sure based on Germany then South Korea so bike gotta come from either one lol! I managed to get a pic of the bike when he had it just can't figure out what letter it is next to he's number plate looks more German than a South Korean plate lol il upload 😁 Can't see rear indicators either lol

IMG_3692.thumb.PNG.21644436283067ca40976aa2bbf908a2.PNG

it can be done .. but it requires altering connections on the PCB .. opening the back and using a soldering iron .. but i don`t know which connections.... try google ...

I would have thought it would have to be done in the EEPROM chip?

But either way it can be altered internally

I would have thought it would have to be done in the EEPROM chip?

But either way it can be altered internally

the text on post went some thing like .. its the same unit for all bikes .. changes to kph/mph deg Fahrenheit or Celsius are made via connections on the pcb.. it then had a jpg. with marks on and a description of how to alter them ... basically cut some and join others..... again google will be you guide ... :thumb:

• 3 months later...