Startup Issues...

CluelessBikerRoss

When I try to start up my 50cc moped (2T) it cannot take any throttle whatsoever. I start it with the electric starter and as long as I don't pump the throttle it will idle for a few seconds before cutting out (due to cold engine) and same when I kick. However if I try to apply any throttle to build up RPM the engine starts to stutter and ultimately dies. However as long as I give it full throttle just after it starts it will build up to 5,000 RPM (still stuttering) and then starts to die but catches some throttle at 2-3,000 RPM just before cutting out. After 6+ tries of starting up it will eventually get going but if I let the RPMs drop to 3,000 or below to shortly afterwards it will die. Once it has been running for a little while no further problems occur. Initially put it down to the fact it might be cold (as temperature has been sub zero lately) however it only needs to be off for 5 minutes at midday when its around 10 degrees and the problems occur again so I have ruled that out though I could be wrong. Any help is much appreciated :)