Honda Hornet 2006 removing fly screen?

kenrolli

Hi one and all, have received many a good answer to bike related problems on here so just thought I'd ask another 'dumb' question!

I want to remove the fly screen from my Hornet, which looked like so easy to do, but after removing the four bolts I am finding it quite difficult to remove the whole screen. I have tried with some force to push the whole thing inwards to release it from the metal framework but it's not giving an inch! Have even removed the smoked plastic screen itself to make it more pliable but it doesn't seem to want to release?

I'm not one for forcing things but am I being a little too gentle with it?

Anyone that's already done this will be thinking, 'man it's just sooo easy', but still could someone be so kind to offer your help and relieve me from my frustrations?

I only want to remove it so I can take it to my local body shop to scan it to get the right colour as I want to get the two grey panels colour coded to the rest of the bike!

Thanks in advance for any help guys and girls!

It should be easy, there are 4 bolts all undone.

Are there any rubber grommets being used on it to locate it? That would hold it in.

Put up some pictures so I can see, it should just be a case of flex it slightly off on one side and the other will come free.

Ok thanks Fozzie I think I'm being too gentle with it to be honest! I'll try again at the weekend and hopefully it'll suddenly pop off into my hands with little effort!! If I get stuck I shall indeed upload a few photo's ok! Thanks again, cheers!

Ok just to update this post I found out by removing the headlight assembly (yes I know :bang: ) that the screen is located onto four 'top hat' shaped lugs, so I imagine if you did not remove the headlight you could, with help, compress the screen sides enough to free it up.

Anyway, live and learn eh, I now have the screen off and am on the way with my side panels to my local body shop guy to get them colour coded to the rest of the bike, yipeeee!

Cheers for all the help, especially Fozzie and I expect to be seen online quite a lot in the coming years. :D