4000 miles and no first service

Gman81

I bought a 2016 lexmoto 125 2016 its done 4000 miles and until i got it home i didn't realise its never had a service😩 my fault for not checking service history. Seems to run ok. Got it booked in for a service but does anyone think there will be any permanent damage to engine?

Is the oil still at about the right level?

If it is then you might be ok, or at least, not too bad.

If the oil level is low or nearly non existent then Bad Things will be more likely.

In reality no-one can know the effects - the good thing is that you are doing the right thing *now*, which is the best you can do :)

Yes still has oil in and on level. Fingers crossed it Will last me now im going to look after it. :D

Its like rehoming a neglected bike. The poor thing. Some people just don't care 😳

Thank you. Hopefully have some good discussions on here.

Ive not had a motorbike for ten years. Last bike was a Kawasaki zx6 just needed a little bike for work only 5 miles a day. Not quite the same as a 600 but gets me from a to b.😁

Daaaaaamn!

4000 miles is... maybe 8 services by Lexmoto service schedule standards? Unless they've gotten more lenient in recent years.

I'm assuming that you must've been given the (blank) service book with the bike, if you know it's never been serviced? How many should it have had by now?

If you're really lucky, it could just be that they did all the servicing at home and neglected to keep the receipts hence no paper trail :thumb:

As long as you've done the regular checks all should be fine, the only issue you might have if something go's wrong there liable to hide behind the fact that it's not been serviced as scheduled and argue the claim.