CBF 600 intermittent lack power

pitintheuk

The bike: CBF600 na year 2005

Couple of weeks ago, I took the bike and left for my usual daily commute: but that day it struggled to get up in rev, lacking overall power, the acceleration of an old 50cc scooter. During about 5 min (2-3 miles) and then everything feels fine. And would do anytime the bike is cold since.

I brought it to the garage and they say they cannot find what's wrong. They say maybe it just take time to warm up. To me why then it never did that previous years. Even in Switzerland where I drove in colder temperatures than I do here. I think something is wrong.

Anyone would have experienced this issue?

thx

pit

If you insist on taking it to a garage then, like fastbob says - take it to another. They're obviously not bothered to help you or are a bunch of idiots.

If you want to resolve by yourself then get familiar with the fun of diagnosing mechanical problems.

Poor running could be from a million different things... That's an exaggeration.

Start by asking yourself if anything has happened to your bike, like filled up at a petrol station that looks like from the movie, Texas Chainsaw.

Do basic checks like air filter, spark plugs, battery.

Did the bike run properly again after some minutes or is it still running crap?

thanks for the returns

I am thinking to contact Honda (Hunts Motorcycles) or another garage I used in the past close to Ashton. My current garage I guess they just don't know. It happens.

I live south East of the city

pit

Hunts are a bit naff from my experience and others, but that's from a sales point of view. I can't comment on their garage. I'm South Manchester too, there's a fella in Denton check him out - he's highly recommended.

http://www.sportandcustoms.co.uk/

He works from his garage, but has a professional set up.

link not working for me neither

That's what google says when looking for this link:

"Entering this website you agree that you are aged 18 years of age or over and are permitted to view adult content from your country or place of residence."

Are you sure it is about Motorcycles ? :D

link not working for me neither

That's what google says when looking for this link:

"Entering this website you agree that you are aged 18 years of age or over and are permitted to view adult content from your country or place of residence."

Are you sure it is about Motorcycles ? :D

He has pictures of partially clothed models on the custom bikes they've done :mrgreen: .

No nudity though :lol:

Website appears to be working again now.